Go Down

Topic: Can i move my servos with 4 AA batteries?¿ (Read 94 times) previous topic - next topic

tommyslog

Hi!
i'm making a robotic arm 6Dof. I want to buy an external voltage source for the 6 servos.
This are their espefications

I'm new at arduino, and i don't know if i can move the servos with 4 AA batteries(1,5V/1,2V and 3000mah) connected to the protoboard.

Thanks!

jremington

You will probably discover that 4 AA batteries cannot supply enough current to move six servos at the same time.

tommyslog

So, with what can i move that 6 servos?¿?¿?

jremington

Jul 16, 2017, 03:54 pm Last Edit: Jul 16, 2017, 03:57 pm by jremington
The stall current for those servos is 2.5 Amperes, and they draw that every time they start up. The power supply MUST be able to provide at least that.

If you want the servos to move reliably, find a 5-6V power supply capable of providing around 2 A per moving servo, assuming that they don't all start up at once.

MarkT

Budget about 1A per normal servo, yours are high torque, perhaps 2 to 3A each.  You are looking for a battery pack capable of 20A peak loads, you need SLA or LiPo.
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

Robin2

I'm new at arduino, and i don't know if i can move the servos with 4 AA batteries(1,5V/1,2V and 3000mah) connected to the protoboard.
If you already have 4 good re-chargeable AA cells I suggest you try them before spending money on an alternative.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Go Up