Arduino in Dublin

Hi,

next month i will come in Dublin to live there.

I'm looking for an Arduino group to make stuff, there is anybody in Dublin who want to have fun with Arduino? I'm interested to Arduino and visual arts.

Hello, I'm living in Dublin at the moment, I'm completely beginner in Arduino but I would like to learn so we can do something at least I could learn of you :slight_smile: I like the visual arts as well. Just let me know.

elgopher@gmail.com

Hey, I recently got an Arduino. I haven't had much time to mess around with it yet(I'm too busy studying for my Leaving Cert in 5 weeks!). I'd be interested in something like an Arduino group. I am all the way down in Cork, but let me know if you get anything together. Thanks

Hey there. I'm from Dublin, though I'm currently studying in Copenhagen where we're learning Arduino for Physical Computing and building prototypes.

Check out a project we did recently:
http://blog.multiblah.com/index.php/site/spicey_interaction/

If you get a group together at all, do get in touch as I'll be back next year and always looking for collaborators and others working in the field. :slight_smile:

Oh, and in the mean time, check out DATA. They meet a couple of times a year and mess around with electronics & arts and stuff.

http://www.data.ie/

I have a friend whi is living in Dublin now and I know he was looking for such an occasion I will tell him about that by informing hin of this forum. I hope hw will contact you as soon as possible.

Hi,
I just ordered my Arduino today, I dont have any experience with programming, I would be very interested in meeting up with other users to learn and swap ideas, my main interest is analogue synths and how they work, I would like to work on a midi sequencer using the Arduino, Iv got a lot of work ahead :slight_smile: . I live in Navan, Co Meath which is just down the road from Dublin, maybe we can get a group set up, you can contact me at paddy_kerrigan@eircom.net

Cheers, Patrick.

I ordered one the other day too. I would be very interested in going along to a meeting where I can learn a little bit about how to get started.

I have a small about of previous Java programming experience. Living in Dublin.

Hey all, for all those Dublin folks interesting in Arduino, there's some people trying to set up a 'hackerspace' in Dublin - basically a room/lab where you can go and play with electronics and stuff. They're planning it at the moment, but reckon there will be some Arduino going on there.

Check it out:
http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/TOG

@ tog.ie in Dublin we have a weekly Micro-controller meet up , where some of us mess with arduino's on Monday nights , its open to everyone just let us know it if you would like to come along.

Just saw this - I'm in Dublin & would love to get together with an Arduino group to speed up my learning & help others, if I can. One of my interest is in DIY audio so Patrick's midi interests are similar to mine.

I'll check out tog.ie & hackerspace!

There's a Arduino workshop happening in UCD next Sat 15th Aug which I just saw & wondered about attending - 50 euro but you get a Arduino + some other goodies + some programming training, I presume. Is there anybody else going?

Hey Kevin & Tdr - it appears that you are both linking to the same tog.ie site. This sounds interesting - Monday nights is microcontrollers night - Location Arran Quay. I emailed them & asked about visiting - I also thought it might be a good opportunity for the posters here to meet up - what do you say? We could meet up & have a chat about our various Arduino interests & visit Tog.ie (if they'll have us)

Post here to signify your interest & maybe the Tog guys will set up a date/time for the visit?

hey jkeny,
the first link was to the hackerspaces web site , but now tog has there own site.
I'm in tog and would love to have some people over for a visit for some night .

Hey tdr,
Apologies to you & kevin - I didn't have much time last night & now see that the hackerspaces is the umbrella community of which TOG is the Irish arm!

Thanks for the reply - I just got a email from jester & have replied - I'll be along on Monday night.

Is there anybody else that wants to meet up next Mon - q, elgopher, Paddy303, Punkle - hope I haven't left anybody out?

good stuff , i will be glad to see you there , i must try and get my arduino binary clock working again ,

Hi, I'm located in Dublin, OHIO............