Wifi and consistancy

I think it would be cool if the wifi shield was a little cheaper, and minimise the foolery involved in using it. But I am very cheap, I would like to see the two lines of arduino seperate a little more as well. I see there are the 32 bit 3.3 volt arm arduinos and the 8 bit 5v avr arduinos. It would be nice if they were seperate so there was less confusion on sheild compatability. The uno and the mega are pretty compatible to my knowledge/ are the due and the zero compatible shield wise and pin wise. I think it would make it more simple to have two differant types of libraries and shields for two seperate arduino lines.

To summerize this is a hobby for me, I dont own any cats so I figure I can use some 1s and 0s haha, but I dont really like to tinker with it in writing my own libraries and things like that. I like to learn c++ but learning at codes is a mess for me. So a wifi shield that just plugs and chugs would be really cool and huge leaps forward in the IOT market. It seems like that is where the wifi shield is going so I really like that. Also I think it would be nice to see the arduino line more clear based on the chips microarchitecture and its compatibility

There is already an official Arduino WiFi shield and a WiFi library. It just doesn't use the ESP8266 and is more expensive. The new one is Arduino WiFi Shield 101 but they say

has a basic compatibility with Arduino Uno but is under heavy development, using it now could have some minor issues.

so I'm guessing you might actually end up with less foolery using the ESP8266 than that one.