What is it with the world lately.

Rob wrote:

Think current society (in all its forms) puts too much pressure on most people

well, when you think on it a bit longer you realise that society, is only people, in all their forms, nothing else, just a collection of people of which each one of us is a small component.

Many people, and I should say in affluent societies, appear over extend themselves with their seemingly materialistic desires and wants with great pleasure, thereby unwittingly taking on this so called pressure. So, in reality, we mostly only put our own pressure to oneself, not society as such.

I notice we humans tend to very quickly put our weakness's to other things, 'them', 'religion', 'society', 'oh man, it was the dog I tell you', 'not me', rather that taking an intropective look inside our own selves and maybe saying, 'oh, yeah, I did it in a moment of delusion'. In other words, taking reponsibility for our actions.

We as a so call civilised and social species, have all too often pointed blamed of the many of the self created atrocities of man (man and women) to religions and other ideologies we hold close, possibly as a way to save ourselves from ourselves. That is not to say that religion in itself is the problem, I don't think it is, more that it comes back to the human and how the human interprets and acts within the context of their understanding and beliefs.

I'm sure the words 'moral values' comes into the scene here somewhere.

Take responibilty for our own actions, not in the name of some-thing, some-one or some-god.

In light of some of the recent and shocking world events, I can say, and have said to others only this week, that I am so lucky I live in an area where I do feel safe, where I can do mostly as I please, where I do have freedom of movement. I know I am so lucky, that I don't go hungry, I don't need to labour each hour of the day for a meager meal. In fact, it boarders on the ridiculously too easy.

I recognise this, and so often ponder on the thought of, 'I would like to contribute and give help to others who really do struggle, to make their existence a happier one on this little pale blue dot we call Earth'

pYro_65, you're only a few long throws of the boomerang from where I am, but I hear what you say.

Thoughts...

Paul