Control an Xbox 360 controller analog stick

Hey Halo2Freeek, I'm GoofBallTech's friend. Glad to meet a fellow halo enthusiast! Like you, I'm an avid halo fan and not just for its gameplay. Between 2003 and 2007, and I made many mods and maps for Halo 1 & 2 and thoroughly enjoyed making my own levels for Halo 1 on Xbox. My gamertag is Agnt 007 (yes Zeros) and we should play sometime together on Reach or Anniversary!

I did a similar project when I got a Wiimote to work on an Xbox 360. What I recommend (and what I did) is to use the chip referenced in the above post. This chip has 6 Digital Potentiometers on board and is connected through SPI. First thing i did was unsolder the joysticks. I'm not sure if you're using a Common Wire (CW) or Common Ground (CG) controller, but I used a CG. That means I took one of the 6 power supplies from the Analog Pots (2 Triggers and 4 on the Joysticks), and I used that one source for all 6 "A" pins on the IC. Then I used the GND from the battery pack for the the 6 "B" pins on the IC. The Wiper arms should go to the 6 Wiper pins. The simple code that I used to set the value of the chip was:

// Take the CS pin low to select the chip:
cs=0;
// Send in the address and value via SPI:
jst.write(address);
jst.write(value);
// Take the CS pin high to de-select the chip:
cs=1;

Address is between 0 - 5 (1 - 6) and value is 0 - 255.

Therefore, you would write 128 for the value initially to let it sit still. Then you can change it +/- 3 to get very slow moving camera. You'd have to record the time yourself to see how fast to move each one but after getting this system set up, you'll be able to walk (or fly in forge) into a spot, and hit your macro, go heat you up a hot pocket, and before you're finished tending to the burns on the roof of your mouth, you'll have all your screenshots! I'm not sure what your tech level is but just post back if you need any help. I'd like to see some progress on this because it does have potential.