Sourcetrail Code Visualiser

Hi All,

Im just about to tinker with the sourcetrail code visualiser, has anyone else dabbled, before i go off down a dead end?

I installed it yesterday and have been trying to create a graph of a piece of my code. Installation and non-commercial license was not a problem at all. Chapeau for that.

From the video they show it looks rather nice, but still not what I was looking for. You create a project and then you must add all the files that will satisfy their compiler. It took some time to locate all the files, and it seems they do not do a sub directory search, just the level you add. A single file is sometimes not recognized either, but it could be I added the wrong file (#include "name" vs ). Furthermore I stumbled on a directive #ifdef Arduino > 100 .... and that will never be satisfied by their compiler because it is part of Arduino's IDE I think.

I got to 1 fatal error finally and was still missing pins_arduino.h, but when I added one from Arduino15...Mega, all of my own functions became a fatal error. Not quite sure what I am doing wrong.

Like I said, a full graph (like Code2flow does) seems not possible. You can have it show functions, variables, classes, etc with to and from links.

The graph I was looking for may be just focused on my own code and leave all further external refences unsolved. I am not sure if that is even possible in this code-world, but it would help me getting a more clear model of my code.

I stumbled on https://www.draw.io/ and made the graph I was looking for. It looks a lot like MS Visio. For my 20 functions it took about 2 hours to get used to it and make the drawing.

Hope this is of use to you.

Flow.pdf (53.3 KB)