help with dataflash library example

PaulS- I made the suggested change to the array and initialize it with plenty of extra room. This unfortunately had no effect. I spent more time going over everything I realized that I had incorrectly introduced Arduino.h into the library and fixing that helped somewhat. Then I spent some more time reading the datasheet and trying things which has also netted some results. According to the library Pins 3 (reset) and pin 5 (WP) should be put into Arduino digital pins 7 and 8 which is what I had been doing. When I had it wired like this the while loops would usually hang. Based on the data sheet these should be run to VCC so I connected them to the 3.3V pin on the Arduino. Moving WP and reset to VCC had a big impact and suddenly the while loops were not getting hung. The issue I seem to have now is that I am getting all zeros back when reading the buffer. I am not sure how to diagnose if the issue on the read side or if I am not getting the data stored. Any suggestions on how to do this are appreciated!