Differences between Arduino Mega schematic and example program

I'm playing around with an Arduino Mega 2560 (SainSmart manufacture), and I'm confused by a disparity between the schematic and the standard example "Blink" program.

The schematic indicates the built-in LED is on PB7/pin 26. However, the Blink example uses pin 13.

I've confirmed the LED is indeed on pin 13, but changing the pin number and re-uploading the Blink program, confirming it doesn't blink, reverting it to pin 13, re-uploading, and confirming it blinks. This is frustrating, because now I can't trust the schematic for predicting which pins I should use.

Why does the actual device have a different pinout than the official schematic? Is SainSmart mis-wiring their version of the board or am I missing something?

You're missing the fact that the pin number on the AVR is not the Arduino pin number.

In fact, if you look carefully at the schematic you posted, AVR pin 26 (PB7) is connected to both Arduino pin 13 and IC7A, the buffer for the LED.

AWOL:
You're missing the fact that the pin number on the AVR is not the Arduino pin number.

In fact, if you look carefully at the schematic you posted, AVR pin 26 (PB7) is connected to both Arduino pin 13 and IC7A, the buffer for the LED.

Thanks. Yeah, I missed that. I didn't realize the pin number used in the code was different from the actual chip pins.