Your sunday, in one picture

How is your sunday?

Mine is like this

(you can't see the cable hanging down... just got my htpc working with both tv and beamer)

I'm gonna cheat and use 2 two pictures (maybe I'll get a real camera today too).... but my Sunday will be cleaning up this mess since my latest project is done.

![](http://www.jkdevices.com/forum-images/my-sunday/2010-08-15 09.32.26.jpg)

![](http://www.jkdevices.com/forum-images/my-sunday/2010-08-15 09.33.41.jpg)

my Sunday will be cleaning up this mess

What mess?

I knew that was coming...

I guess there is plenty of room to move the breadboard on top of those red bins.

@Jeff:

I have that exact same drawer storage thingy (on the top right of the picture); Of course, I only have one :stuck_out_tongue:

You get it at Home Depot? That's where I got mine ;D!

@TchnclFl

I actually got them at Menards. No Home Depot close by. We have a Lowes but their selection of storage thingy's suck.

FYI... they are on sale for $10 this weekend at Menards. I picked up 2 more yesterday and will probably get 2 more today. They finally have the right dividers in stock at my local store so I decided to stock up on those too. The red bins.. $0.50 each plus a full rebate so they are free this weekend.

Unfortunately, I've never even heard of Menards, so I doubt I have one close by :P. I'll ask around though.

This sums up my day though:

Playing with windows 7 on my touch screen. Only single touch though :frowning:

My Sunday is now over, and I have to admit that I made other things than just watching movies all day...

The rest of the day was spend optimizing old sketches and messing a bit more around with a TIP102 driving a 250kg electro magnet with 12V through the arduino's option for an external power supply.

Those drawers are made by "Stack-On"; I have found it best and easiest to get them (and the dividers) thru Amazon vendors.

My Sunday is going pretty lazy; I'm thinking about heading out of here to check out some Goodwills nearby (see if I can snag a few more Polaroid cameras with sonars!). Later I have to continue/finish sorting about 10 gig of downloaded crap (its sitting in my /home directory eating space, and I need to sort it to my new "downloads" pocket hard drive and my fileserver - gah).

Other than that, not doing much...

:slight_smile:

Usually i wake up late ~ 11 o'clock. Then eat, listen to radio´s TOP 20 [ch7743]usic, then clean house, go for a bike-ride ~ 50 - 60 km usually, in the evening watch tv, visit Arduino forum, sometimes watch SouthPark / The Simpsons, ... thats all.

This was my Sunday:

but because I'm a gadget freak it was also this:

Robomower does the back lawn while I do the front...

Andrew

Robomower does the back lawn while I do the front...

Brilliant.

How well does it avoid the garden and keep on the lawn? Had it mowing over any plants yet?

You string a perimeter wire around the edge of the area you want mowing and a little box sends a pulsed signal through it which the mower detects and avoids. So as long as you put the wire in the right place it cuts the grass not plants. It also has bumper sensors so if it runs into a bird bath or something it reverses direction. We've had it for 6 or 7 years now and I still stand at the window watching it sometimes - it's fascinating watching a robot mow your lawn for you.

Andrew

You string a perimeter wire around the edge of the area you want mowing and a little box sends a pulsed signal through it which the mower detects and avoids. So as long as you put the wire in the right place it cuts the grass not plants. It also has bumper sensors so if it runs into a bird bath or something it reverses direction. We've had it for 6 or 7 years now and I still stand at the window watching it sometimes - it's fascinating watching a robot mow your lawn for you.

Yeah I was just wondering if you had had any issues with it but I presume from that the answer is no.

Replacing an oil seal in pretty much the most inaccessible place posable...

Would be soo much easier with a ramp, pit or something, would have taken all of 20 mins, instead it took a couple of hours trying to get roll pins lined up ::slight_smile:

So far the oils staying in though, so it looks promising :smiley:

@mowcius No problems as such, except that the battery only lasts 2 - 3 years and is very expensive to replace (£150). This year I'm going to try keeping it in the house over winter instead of the garage and see if that improves its lifespan. Other than that it's a fantastic device - a really practical home robot!

Andrew

I need two pictures, too. There's day:

working with a friend on a contract to install the IT and comunications infrastructure for a new Old West-themed resort being built in the area (this shot is actually from a couple of months ago, but it shows one of my projects in the background: there's an Arduino on that pole, gathering weather info and sending off to a database system in Phoenix).

And night:

Got that one despite the "lightning detector" feature of my camera, which is designed to ensure that the shutter is closed while it's either counting down the self-timer or saving a blank image to flash when there's an especially interesting strike. >:(

Nice lightning.

Andrew

Nice lightning.

Yeah just hope it doesn't hit your arduino stuck all the way up that pole ;D