Moderation Guidelines && Applications for Moderators

I would be interested in helping out in any of the following

Project Guidance
Robotics
Product Design
Other Hardware Development

keeping the forum clean from spam ? :wink:

The arduino irc channel could use some moderators as well. I think most of the rules/guidelines for the forum also apply there. I would like to volunteer for one of those positions.

Sorry for being at least a bit off-topic.

regards,

Jeroen

I would like to volunteer for one of those positions.

Good point - also prepared to be a hidden mod and mod on there when required.
There's not normally too much that goes on there though.

I would be happy to volunteer to be a moderator for Bar sport, along with Bio Cow. Although I look around most of the other boards, I seem to find myself on bar sport the most, so I feel that I would be of most use here.

I hope I can be of assistance!
Onions.

I agree.

coleoptero.

Arduino Forum :: International :: Español
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,32.0.html

I know the deadline for reply to the call for moderates was March 18th, but if you are still interested in getting folks involved with moderation I would be interested in acting as a moderator. Topics that are of interest to me include the Arduino IDE, Arduino Bootloader, and some of the more technical topics.

I have recently started a new blog on Open Hardware Platforms that will give you a feel for my background http://openhardwareplatform.blogspot.com.

Feel free to call on me...We can see if we are a good fit for one another.

Thx, Leland

Guys,

we will be having a meeting about how to distribute responsibilities. I am busy to handle this until next Monday, therefore I have to ask you for a little patience. The university is keeping me busy this week.

On the other hand, even if we put a deadline, the application to become moderator is an open one, our forum is really big, we need a lot of help to handle things in here.

Thanks to those that have already applied!

/d

Hi all
I hope that I not are too late.
I can help to moderate the german forum, also the Italina forum (but for italian I think there are jet enough peaple that do it).
I speak fluent german and italian, but not very good english and spainish. my motherlanguage is an dialect of german.
This is my second user. I want separate my private user (uwefed) from my moderator user bycause I think that is nott good give major inpotantance to my private replays only bycause I work also as moderator.
My private user is uwefed.
In peace, Ciao Uwe

Happy to help on Programming Questions and Other Software Development.

We know you are too busy.

Let us help you already!

Stop hogging all the problems. Share the wealth!

:stuck_out_tongue:

In case you still need people... I would be happy to pitch in. I'm most interested in eTextiles, interactive art and exhibit subforums.

Cheers
P.

Status? Do we have more moderators? Do we have a mechanism to get a few topics moved to the right (sub)forum, or stomp hard on crossposted duplicates?

No I dont have any particular examples at hand. I do not use the forum often enough to volunteer but might be persuaded to be drafted 8)

Glad someone else bumped this thread, I've been keeping quiet for fear of another 'we're busy but working on it' post.

?!? I was just browsing the Deutsch (German) forum and noticed the Forum "Title" has changed and includes: "Moderator Uwefed".

Well, congrats to Uwe, and is this a sign that the moderator issue is advancing a little? (Or has it been there all the time and I am just too slow on the uptake?)

With a little delay on the deadline ...

It's ok for me for the French section.

Jean-François

Jean-François:
It's ok for me for the French section.

... and I notice that your name is up in lights as moderator. There you go, free work (you dont have to pay to do it :P) - enjoy. Shame I dont know French, to see how bad/good/fun/frustrating it is.

So - is this all staying secret and all they were actually asking for is moderators for the international language forums?

That theory seems to match the two datapoints we have. I know nothing more than the observations made.

Do not belittle members, do not air personal discussions to the public, etc. If you have a problem with a member, PM them or e-mail them and try to keep it at that level.

I have seen moderators in other forums that constantly belittle members. Atleast there is a policy against it here.