stand alone atmega328 pwm pin input??

so im making a remote for my camera and on breadboard and arduino everything worked great, but when i put everything on a pref board pin 3 stopped reading my IR input. i believe its all hooked up the same as before when it was plugged into the arduino. does pwm input work septate from the arduino board or is there some resistor or something im missing?????

PWM input?

And have you installed the Arduino bootloader?

when i put everything on a pref board pin 3 stopped reading my IR input

Swap just the ATmega chip. If your circuit works, you hooked up your perf board correctly. If it doesn't, you didn't.

There's nothing extra on the analog input pins of the arduino boards.

You probably need to show a picture or schematic. If everything except analog inpuys works on the perf board check particularly that pin and avcc.

PWM pins have to be outputs to generate PWM! Have you done a full continuity check?

everything worked great, but when i put everything on a pref board pin 3 stopped reading my IR input.

Then you wired it up wrong.

i believe its all hooked up the same as before when it was plugged into the arduino.

Many people believe many things for which there is no proof. Here there is proof to say what you believed is not true.

... but when i put everything on a pref board ...

What is your definition of 'everything'?

Don