IDE Enhancement Suggestion

This isn't a crosspost, more of a notation

I kindly request the Arduino team look at forum post http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,118440.0.html and incorporate IDE enhancements into the main code branch.

Thank you for your consideration.

Adding to enhancement suggestions.. how soon can I expect an Arduino IDE release for my chromebook?? :slight_smile:

Another simple improvement: LINE NUMBERS! Please please PLEASE add in line numbers to the text editor like literally every IDE and programming-oriented notepad program out there.

karl_eller: There are line numbers, sort of. It shows you the current line number in the bottom right. That might not be exactly what you were looking for, but it's better than nothing.

PolkaDot:
Adding to enhancement suggestions.. how soon can I expect an Arduino IDE release for my chromebook?? :slight_smile:

I would also like to have an Arduino IDE for my chromebook. :slight_smile:

rsk22:

PolkaDot:

Hey, how do you like your chromebook? I'm think of getting one for the wife who is very computer ignorant and has wanted nothing to do with them for many years, but lately she seems to think she might be missing out on something useful. What are it's biggest limitations and best features.

Lefty

retrolefty:

rsk22:

PolkaDot:

Hey, how do you like your chromebook? I'm think of getting one for the wife who is very computer ignorant and has wanted nothing to do with them for many years, but lately she seems to think she might be missing out on something useful. What are it's biggest limitations and best features.

Lefty

We have only owned it a few days but my wife and I really like it. We actually got it for my wife since she will be attending college this fall semester. BestBuy had it on sell for $150 because it was a used, floor model.

It boots up very quickly (in about 10 seconds). The keyboard takes time to get used to since it does not have a caps lock and delete. However, there are some useful shortcuts on the computer. If you have not done so already, I would checkout the Google Chrome Store and see if you like there apps. I personally like the selection of the apps. The apps should continue improving over time (hopefully with an Arduino and Raspberry Pi IDE). If your wife needs to use word and spreadsheet software, Google has "Google Docs" and "Google Sheets" for free. Google Docs and Sheets should cover most basic functions but you may need access to Microsoft products for more advanced features.

Bottom line: ff you are looking for a simple computer, I would recommend it. I use my custom built PC for more complex and computational intensive programs.

I have recently experienced a problem with Samsung Chromebook. The power cord has not been charging the laptop. This is a problem across all the Samsung Chromebooks. I would recommend reading this post before buying:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/chromebook-central/MHnCXEExZRw