Implementation for Microchip ENC28J60 Ethernet controller

joseinaciojr:
I tried WebServerSimple and it worked. I can ping my board and access it from a browser.
But only for a while. After that I get the connection lost. No more ping or browser access.

Do you have any idea. I've been struggling for 3 days and nothing.

Hello Inacio,
did you do any modifications in WebServerSimple example? Please try to use a lighty HTTP client such as wget and curl, do a lot of subsequent requests (without concurrency) and tell me if the sketch stopped to work (if yes, with how many requests using wget/curl).

Thanks for working on this. I'm sure it will be a big help to the community.

I recently purchased one of the eBay EtherShields with the intention of using it in conjunction with the iPhone app Ardumote (which uses only UDP messaging), but once I started digging around trying to code anything using the supplied ENC28J60 library I realized it wasn't worth the effort and ordered an Arduino W5100 Ethernet Shield. With your efforts however, I'm sure I will find a use for my ENC28J60 based shield one day and many others will benefit from the lower cost ethersheild!

Has anyone experience with this library and the nanode ? (http://wiki.hackspace.org.uk/wiki/Project:Nanode)

I tried to edit the file enc28j60.c as follows : #define ENC28J60_CONTROL_CS 8
without any success.

it would be easier to help if you said what the error was.

did you change also change the following?
#define SPI_SS 8

did the sketch compile and run with the default CS/SS pin?

The sketch uploads without any problem.
What happens is that the board does not respond to either a ping or a http request, even after modification of the SPI_SS constant.

mmoz:
Has anyone experience with this library and the nanode ? (http://wiki.hackspace.org.uk/wiki/Project:Nanode)

Where can I buy a nanode for testing?

alvarojusten:
Where can I buy a nanode for testing?

Sent you a PM with details.

Goes:
I have see nice, cheap (10$) & small boards with the chip:

Where did you find this for $10?

Cheers,

I see that the picture has an embedded name on it - I found an ebay listing with that pictures' users name with the same item the listing was buy it now for 15.95 + 6 shipping from hong kong.

pantonvich:
I see that the picture has an embedded name on it - I found an ebay listing with that pictures' users name with the same item the listing was buy it now for 15.95 + 6 shipping from hong kong.

Can you supply the link, please?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120571109230&ih=002&category=4660&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1#ht_1324wt_1163

doing a search on ebay for "ENC28J60"

this one is 9.44 includes shipping - but it looks like it doesn't have the 74HC
http://cgi.ebay.com/ENC28J60-LAN-Ethernet-Network-Module-AVR-51-LPC-STM32-/190548762559?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5d975fbf#ht_3757wt_1163

Hi folks,
after a long time, I restarted the development of the library and there are new things at the GitHub repository!
The coolest one is the Makefile I wrote for WebServerDEBUG example (actually this is the example I'm using to test and develop new features of the library) -- it speeds up development since with a little command (or call from vim editor) I can compile and upload the entire project, so I don't need Arduino IDE anymore.
I'm correcting some problems related by users and we'll have a more stable version of what is implemented in next some days.

Perfect job!

Your Lib works with the DomoticHome Android App & Code Generator http://domotichome.heroku.com/masters

Thx

Hi Alvaro, i cant use your lib.. my upload is ok.. but when i try connect with browse.. "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to 192.168.1.123" Sou brasileiro :smiley:

desktop:
Hi Alvaro, i cant use your lib.. my upload is ok.. but when i try connect with browse.. "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to 192.168.1.123" Sou brasileiro :smiley:

Olá desktop, tudo bem? Você consegue pingar a placa? Se não consegue, pode ser que:

1- As configurações de IP estejam erradas.
2- Você tenha mais de um diretório começando por "Ethernet" no diretório "sketchbook/libraries" ou tenha compilado de forma incorreta a biblioteca.

Dê uma olhada nesses itens acima e tente novamente. Caso não consiga conectar pelo Google Chrome mas consiga pingar, dê um reset no Arduino e tente fazer um request HTTP utilizando um navegador mais lightweight como wget ou curl.

I am so glad, to found this topic here. :slight_smile:

i've the same problem, as mentioned above. when i ping my arduino, i get an answer. but if i try to load the ip in my browser it don`t work. so i tried with curl and it works. but why it dousn't work with other browsers such as firefox, chrome or opera?

Thanks for help :wink:

Edit:
Oh :slight_smile: i found the answer on page 5

Good day, I just got my ethernet module that I got from here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300574178229&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123#ht_1207wt_779

I am using an arduino duemilanove.
I set up my router to use static ip, I have added one IP for my PC: 192.168.1.2 and another for the arduino+ethernet: 192.168.1.123
Ive downloaded your library and copied to the libraries folder of the arduino installation (0022) Ive named your library folder to "turicasEthernet"
Ive loaded your examples with no problem to the arduino but I can not even get ping from the arduino, in my router, I can not see the arduino connected to the router, is not showing up. light in shield are solid green and sometimes blinking orange. Ive set up static ips for my PC and the arduino, but only the PC is showing up in the router.
my router is a Broadtech a 8186 V2

this is my router configuration:

when I try to ping to the arduino IP this is what I get

C:\Users\Jaru>ping 192.168.1.123

Pinging 192.168.1.123 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.2: Destination host unreachable.

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.123:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

anybody have any idea why is not working?
I will really appreciate your help with my issue.

Thank you in advance, I don´t know what else to do.

Unfortunately, Arduino 1.0 brakes the compatibility with this library.
If you still want to try it out, you will need the IDE in version <= 0.23
And if your on Debian Testing like me, you cannot run any older version of the IDE because it depends on some older packages... So just go do something else.

virtualmix:
Unfortunately, Arduino 1.0 brakes the compatibility with this library.
If you still want to try it out, you will need the IDE in version <= 0.23
And if your on Debian Testing like me, you cannot run any older version of the IDE because it depends on some older packages... So just go do something else.

yea, I understand that feeling. a year ago I heard talk that 1.0 would support both ethernet shield types with similar calls. I haven't seen anything. I'm in search of an example of a standard tcp server, but can't find anything so far. it will take me more time to try figuring it out myself, and I hope I can get it to work right. I don't know if I'll be able to avoid customizing the library.

ola a todos tenho andado a quase 2 semanas de volta do arduino e do controlador ethernet enc28j60, tudo funciona as mil maravilhas mas a parte de cliente nada... ja fiz inumeros testes mas ou bloqueia, deixa de pingar, etc.. tenho testado com o IE, firefox e chrome, ja existe alguma libraria ou soluçao para resolver o problema.. precisava de conseguir fazer gets :stuck_out_tongue:

o w5100 funciona correctamente com a ethernet lib em modo cliente? ja alguem testou? se sim ate estava disposto a comprar uma... o preço nao esta mt caro no ebay...

http://www.ebay.es/itm/Ethernet-Shield-W5100-For-Arduino-Mega-2560-1280-/170746230106?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c144b55a#ht_569wt_884

outra questao: arduino ethernet shield w5100 com (power-over-ethernet) ja alguem testou?

saudaçoes portugal...