i need help....final year project

I am in my final year of Electronic engineering collage and for my final year project I want to build a robot car with camera aboard.

i want to control it remotely ( rf module, Bluetooth, or wiFi stuff)
the truth is i never wired anything so i have no experience
but from my study i came out with a design i think i can neglect or discuss with u guys
I will hand this project in May 2011
so is anyone interested enough to lead me all the way step by step giving me hints and books to finish it??
my yahoo address : salah_ali419@yahoo.com
my gmail: salah.ali04@gmail.com

Spam bot?

what?

check here

i put a pic for my prototype

i came out with a design i think i can neglect

Wonderful Freudian slip there. ;D

I think you will find the people here willing to help. I don't think you will find people willing to do your final project for you.

By this I mean, you need (and should be very capable of, if you are in your final year of an EE program) to come up with a preliminary design by yourself. You need to come up with some system design requirements (size, capabilities, budget, etc.).

Otherwise, I will tell you how to build a robotic HUMVEE with a dozen HD television cameras, using a satelite link, and being driven using a positronic superconducting hueristic artificial intelligence, costing approximately $7.2 trillion for the prototype.

Then come back and ask specific questions, such as "I need to be able to control the speed (and reverse) a 12V 250mA motor. Can you suggest a good method?"

you are right sir...but if you were in my show you will find how pur collage is just a name and nothing else...
i am trying to do this and believe me i know it is easy in other parts of the world, but im willing to learn it to despite the lecturers here...you dont know how losers they r

ok
i drew i sketch for what i want to do but i couldnt manage to post it here
it is in this link

thank you for your understanding

you are right sir...but if you were in my show you will find how pur collage is just a name and nothing else...

I just did some googling on "pur college", and if the 4-5 pictures of "campuses" I saw were any indication of where you were going, I am really surprised you didn't turn tail to your nearest library - though I shudder to think what that looks like, too.

Can someone show me a "pur college" that doesn't look worse than a South Phoenix ghetto school...?

i am trying to do this and believe me i know it is easy in other parts of the world, but im willing to learn it to despite the lecturers here...you dont know how losers they r

Hmm - seems like it may be a "blind leading the blind" situation you have there; are the schools there mainly for getting a piece of paper so you can "graduate" to a corporate job where they train you and bring you up to a real level of understanding (at least within the product line of the company)?

I don't have any doubt that someone could learn in these conditions; perhaps without knowing anything else, it suffices as a fine learning environment? Maybe the inside looks better than the outside? I am trying to understand how one can get to your level, yet still have such basic questions - if the instructors are like the school/campus, I am not too surprised. I guess I am hoping that what I have seen is but a narrow lens and that somewhere in your country is a much better situation for learning...?

k
i drew i sketch for what i want to do but i couldnt manage to post it here
it is in this link
Forums / Project Help / I need help in my remotely controlled robot/car - Rickey's World of Microcontrollers & Microprocessors

You seem to have some form of internet access; use it for all its worth - what you want to do is more than feasible, if you have the budget. There are plenty of examples on the internet, of both complete systems as well as the subsystems. Start small, work on each sub-system, debug those, then work to combine them into a whole.

Note that you won't be able to do video streaming thru most "microcontrollers"; you will need to keep that separate from the microcontroller piece - an option would be to get an WRTG54-based wireless router, drop a custom linux disto on it, and use that to control/interface with the microcontroller to control the wheels, etc - while the router is also used with a cheap IP camera to stream the video back over 802.11; or find a low-cost PC motherboard (old laptop, maybe), with USB, and use a USB camera, and another USB or serial port to control the microcontroller, and a wifi card or bluetooth for remote interfacing.

thank you for your understanding

I think I understand that you might have gotten "ripped off" in your education - I hope you didn't pay much or anything; just remember that ultimately your education is your own, regardless of whether you have a piece of paper from -any- school. That, and it doesn't stop once you leave the campus. Indeed, the point of any educational system should be (but rarely is, unfortunately) educating the student on how to educate themselves. University should be seen as a method of teaching you how to bootstrap yourself throughout the rest of your life. It isn't the only method, though...

Good luck.

:slight_smile:

Sorry to hear all your negatives about your teachers. As a soon-to-be senior EE student with no experience wiring anything, that's not just the teachers' fault (I'm a teacher myself). Have you not taken any advanced logic designs or microprocessor/microcontroller related courses/labs?

Pick up an arduino starter kit and work on your basics before it's too late.

Google for "routerbot", which would have the best chance for a large scale bot on a budget.

Can someone show me a "pur college" that doesn't look worse than a South Phoenix ghetto school...?

Try any "ghetto" school in a real third world country (well, generally there aren't any schools in third world ghettos").

Hey. I feel his pain. Even here in The States, I go to a well respected State University that's motto is, "Learn by doing," and they have ZERO micrporccessing/microcontroller classes. The closest they come is writing G code for the only CNC lathe on campus.

That's just wrong. If you went to college 20 years ago, schools had their excuses. I bet a set of 6502 lab was costing several hundred, which is like several thousands today. Now, microcontrollers are so cheap and there are various organizations of accreditation. Unless the program is not accredited, it should have certain lab components in its program.

I feel the same way. There's a class where you solder together a duel variable power supply kit (that you buy at the book store and costs $100!), but we can't spring $50 for Arduinos and a handful of input sensors? I can only imagine what would happen if every engineer-in-training on campus had an Arduino and a little know-how.

Here you go....

http://www.jbprojects.net/projects/wifirobot/

Jeckson

so is anyone interested enough to lead me all the way step by step giving me hints and books to finish it??

Step by step, no.
I have only been doing arduino (and microcontrollers in general) for a year now so by May 2011 you could have learnt pretty much everything you need to know to be able to complete your project.

Nobody is going to do your project for you.

Mowcius

cr0sh

thank you all
1- for my collage i was saying (our collage) but i was wrong printing it
my collage ia called ( al-fateh)
2- there are labs and stuff. our labs are full of million new things and they gave our teachers courses to teach them how use the machines but " im not surprized" they did not know a thing, and now they give the machines to students to work them as a final year projects!!!! r u okay with that level of educating??
3- for my design ...... i have three main parts:
tha camera
the wheels
the controll system
i thought about isolating the camera from the uC and cr0sh

confermed my thinknig...

and i am waiting for the arduino to arrive with a friend of mine lives in canada he was coming anyway so he will get it for me,( delivery sucks here!!)

still working on mapping out ev.thing

thank uuuuuuuuuuuu

thank you all
1- for my collage i was saying (our collage) but i was wrong printing it
my collage ia called ( al-fateh)

Is this it?:

http://www.university-directory.eu/Libya/Alfateh-University.html
http://174.142.8.50/pageslist.aspx?page_site=1

You don't mention your country; the above college appears to be in Libya...? The ones I was looking at yesterday under "pur college" all seemed to be located in parts of India (rural or poor - maybe both, given the condition of the buildings I could see online)...

What does the word "pur" mean, anyhow (in english, if you know)?

Anyhow - if it is the above college, it does seem to have the equipment, if not the training for the teachers; even so, at most places of higher learning the instructors aren't there to hold you hand every step of the way. Rather, they are there to provide guidance to help you help yourself find answers to questions. Learning how to learn, so to speak, so that you can effectively do research and continue your education long after you graduate and move into your career.

Now, if your instructors are not doing even that much - then you have a tough road ahead; fortunately, you have at your hands something I only wished that I had access to (especially when I was in high school!) - the Internet. Use its resources, which are vast, along with any and every other source of information you can find. Don't neglect to network with people, even those who may at first not appear to have knowledge (you would be surprised at what you can learn from your elders, as well as from street people - if you approach them with the right questions!)...

Good luck with your project!

:slight_smile:

I'm pretty sure the "pur collage" was just misspelled "our college". Given the proximity of the letters "p" and "o" on your standard qwerty keyboards. Purely speculation, though.

pat

'm pretty sure the "pur collage" was just misspelled "our college". Given the proximity of the letters "p" and "o" on your standard qwerty keyboards

exactly....thats what i was saying

and thank you all again....everything started to get close to my knowladge.

i thought about isolating the camera from the uC and cr0sh

lol

Newlines can change the meaning of things.

my last update:
1- i will separate the camera and i will receive its data independently sense i found out that video streaming is programmable with c# and i will have to do id
2- i am still searching about the control part.
3- i will use arduino board to receive the control and move the wheels

okay???!!!