SD card read/write with Arduino

Hi - I wanted you to know that I got the mmc1.rar code for uFAT working, just as advertised. My problem was that a makeshift 3.3v supply from a voltage divider seemed to work for the raw SD write, but not for the full uFAT mmc code.

I cobbled together a 'real' variable power supply capable of producing 3.3v from Electronic Equiptment - DIY LM317 power supply, which worked flawlessly and the uFAT code worked correctly.

A few 'tricks':

Your card must be formatted FAT16, not FAT32. Under windows, if you see FAT32 and FAT, the 'FAT' is FAT16 and the partition must be less than 2G.

It hasn't been explicitly mentioned but the wiring for uFAT is indeed the same as the raw SD write above.

The demonstration file that uFAT writes to is fred.txt . If you just create fred.txt in windows be sure you really get fred.txt and not fred.txt.txt! If necessary, enter the command shell and mv fred.txt.txt to fred.txt.

To answer ducttapepro6, I verified that the newly written files are 'static' on the SD card using uFAT as one would expect.