Ruined XBee 5V/3.3V Adapter trying to solder headers to it.

I got the XBee SIP adapter in the mail today. If I connect one XBee to USB adapter and another XBee to SIP adapter with DOUT connected to DIN, and run X-CTU program, both XBees communicate with each other. I searched the Internet for Arduino and XBee tutorials and found one at Tutorial 9 for Arduino: Wireless Communication – JeremyBlum.com I found out that I need two XBee adapters. I took the XBee 5V/3.3V adapter and removed extra solder. I couldn't believe it that it worked with the X-CTU communication test. After connecting XBees to Arduino Unos, wiring up a pot to one board and a servo to other board, and uploading the code to the boards, I turned the knob and nothing happened to the servo. If I run the Serial Monitor connected to the board with the pot, I see values change when I turn the knob. If I run the Serial Monitor connected to the board with the servo, I don't see anything on the monitor. The video in the tutorial didn't have captioning. I think that I didn't set up the XBees to communicate with each other. Any suggestions?