Functiodomo - New open and wireless home automation system based in Arduino

monza:
Looks like a good project. Interested in automating my home at the moment so maybe I could help you guys out a bit rather than re inventing the wheel! Our electric is 240V 50Hz here in the UK so relays are generally quite beefy! got plenty of boards around to play with as well as a budget rf tx rx rather than the zigbee to keep costs down :slight_smile: will this run on a standard arduino board?

Hello Monza. Thanks for your interest.

About the electric current, there is not problem as I use a transformer that it is able to use UK specifications. I have designed a modified but fully compatible Arduino board to let me an easier installation. I want to talk to Arduino team to make them "official board".

About the wireless connection, I choose Zigbee because it has an easy configuration and it let me create a point to point extended mesh. But I have in mind to add different kind of wireless technologies as I would like to use this base for another cases. Its design lets me doing this modifications.

I also want to start to sell my boards to anybody that they can find another utilities to them. Surely, in October, I will have them ready to start its selling.

By the moment, I can show you how it appears:

One control board and one power board. It let us to control one electric equipment and to add two 5VDC sensors.

One control board and three power boards. It let us to control three electric equipments indepently and to add six 5VDC sensors.

Soon more news.