Wifi controled zeppelin help

hi everyone.
I need a little help with buying the parts.
I want to make a zeppelin that is controlled WiFi.
I think I need three engines and Arduino uno ..what wlan shield to buy???

Can it be operated outdoors??
End do i need a router ?? :~

Operation outdoors dependent on the power of your motors and the windspeed and the cross sectional area/air resistance of the zepp.

Youd want bi-directional motor control boards, possibly PWM controlled for easy programming.

Three motors could be used I guess. Two on each side for y axis control and one on the back with either a rotating mount or a tail to control yaw.

4 motors you could have 2 mounted horizontally (x-axis control) and 2 mounted vertically on the port and starboard on the tail to controll yaw, removing the need for a servo/moveable tail.

Here I want to do something like this

I am most concerned about wlan control...

BorisDukic:
I am most concerned about wlan control...

I think you should be most concerned with the weight and power requirements.

Also, if you plan to use it outdoors then you will probably need something with longer range than WiFi. A conventional RC control system would be far more suitable I would have thought, and also gives you simple and lightweight options to drive the motors.

Something like this nano blimp would be cool for indoors.

Maybe a bit larger?

you can use output pwm ,,, and use ESC for the motors conected to the Arduino
Butt the wifi part , the range wil not be the first isue and running a wifi Ip conected to a smartphone ore pc is posible
i made some wifi controled devices ,, but maybe its easer to use a raspberry pi ,, and run a webserver on it plus wifi ,, and you connect it and fly the beast :astonished:
but i prefer 2.4 ghz connections like rc system ,, you need to react fast on steering ,,
the wind wil take your zeppelin and you wil loose your system because of signal los and late response times ,,
i have to say i have a smal car with a rasperry pi wifi , and i can drive and have webcam feed at the same time
but when i loose conections i also loose my ip config , and it wil reconfigure the ip release and this wil go wrong somethimes ,, like no fixed ip and stuff ,, :sweat_smile:
you can use a cheap 433 mhz tx rx , and boost the signal by using some good directional antena ,,
butt the distance wil be shit ,, or use a cheap 70cm PMR radio ,, for rx and tx ,,
sending data true audio line this wil give you a bigg distance
butt first the zeppeling ..

Dexterbot:
you can use output pwm ,,, and use ESC for the motors conected to the Arduino

In my experience typical hobby ESCs take a standard servo control signal, which is not an Arduino PWM signal. The Servo library can be used to generate the right signal. However, I still don't think that WiFi is a suitable way to control a model that will be used outside, and a conventional RC system is the obvious solution.

i use it on my quadcopter ,, it works great ,, :astonished:
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=257823

I own a medium sized RC blimp (about 3 feet long) and operation outdoors is generally not suggested unless there's absolutely no wind. For motor setup you actually just need 3 motors, no rudders or yaw or anything. Just put two on the side for thrust and one off center on the bottom. With the motor off center you can just run it one way for up and reverse for down. Also, why wifi? Why not stick with the tried and true radio? Do you need to transmit more data than just the control signals?

i use a apc220 tx rx module ,,, range 1 km 9600 baud ,, nice when you want computer interface reading things ,
exmple height ,, speed ,, and control true laptop ,
drop bomb button ,,
and to make it easy you can use firmata true air ,,

exmple of software ,