Mentor, Tutor, Consultant wanted

We have a project that has outgrown the Arduino IDE but is still using it.

I'm looking for someone to help us select a better IDE that will enable us to:
a) refactor code
b) share code between boards without copy/paste
c) easily modularize code into modules for reuse
d) create coding rules and guidelines
e) mentor the engineer doing the development

If you're interested or know of someone, please send me information about yourself and examples of your work. I'm located in Saint Louis, Missouri and prefer someone who will come on-site to get to know us and our project. After that the work could be remote.

Regards,
Mike

Have you looked into Atmel Studio?

Hi Robert,

Prior to posting my request for help I saw references to the Atmel Studio system. We are eliminating Windows dependencies from our products and I would prefer a tool set that is not Windows based. However, if Atmel Studio on Windows is significantly better than the non-Windows options then I'll consider it.

Regards,
Mike

Will have to let others address that, I've only used those two on Win Vista.

I use a Microsoft visual studio plugin called visual micro that leverages all the features of the visual studio suite including collaborative working.

I have been using it now for about 18 months as my prefered development platform. It also has interactive debugging tools through a serial port that can prove useful sometimes.

Cheers Pete

+1 for Visual Studio. And get Visual Assist X plugin for it

Hi nworbekim,

Maybe a point of interest...

The Atmel Studio and Visual Micro solution does ensure that projects remain fully compatibility with the Arduino Ide.

Your projects will continue to work without modification should you find a non-windows Arduino tool in the future that you prefer.

Something people forget about is the great changes happening with the Arduino Ide. It does however mean that we have projects that were created using different Arduino versions. The Atmel and Visual Studio plugins allow switching between Arduino versions without ide-restart. The selected Arduino version is retained against the project along with the board and port. So the next time we open a project it just works!

Tim

a) refactor code
b) share code between boards without copy/paste
c) easily modularize code into modules for reuse
d) create coding rules and guidelines
e) mentor the engineer doing the development

If you want to stay away from windows then use the Arduino eclipse plugin.
It can do everything you requested.
Best regards
Jantje

Jantje:
If you want to stay away from windows then use the Arduino eclipse plugin.
It can do everything you requested.

+1