How do you delete pictures from ipad?

No bullshitting. I have photos I synced from my PC but I do not wish to sync all photos to ipad. I can't delete any photo I synced to ipad and found no other way to get photos to ipad. HELP!!!

After searching the net for a bit, I found I wasn't alone but definitely wasn't the worst case:

Deborah Rehner says:
September 7, 2012 at 6:01 am

I did a dumb thing. I was visiting someone and used their MacBook (OS X 10.6) to sync photos that I had downloaded to their MacBook from my camera. But, not knowing what I do now, I synced all the photos from their MacBook = including theirs! Now, I cannot get their photos off my iPad. I’m expecting that I can go back to their MacBook and delete them as you describe above, using iTunes and deselecting their photos, but they are several thousand miles away. I could reset my iPad, but that’s rather drastic. Is there anyway to just reset the Photos on the iPad – delete all the photos. I am pretty sure that the answer is, “No,” but it’s worth asking.

Andy Brovey says:
September 7, 2012 at 10:20 am

You can do this and keep just the photos you want. No need to delete them all. If you have a Mac, you can use the Image Capture program. If you don’t, find a friend who does.
Connect your iPad to the Mac. If iPhoto or iTunes open on the Mac, quit the programs. Start Image Capture on the Mac. The Mac will see your connected iPad. Click on the iPad in the device list in Image Capture. You’ll see all the photos on your iPad. Then follow these directions to select and delete:
http://ipadacademy.com/2011/09/another-way-to-quickly-delete-photos-from-your-ipad-mac-only

The thing is, this so called doctor Andy didn't provide a solution to this poor fellow that might not have a mac. That's me! LOL so I AM in a worse situation.

why not call it a backup ? (on a very expensive sd-card :slight_smile:

[No experience with ipad's but I would start with switching of auto-sync. Maybe shut of the wifi too so the ipad becomes standalone.

If you drop the iPad out of a 4th floor window/roof then all the pictures fall out when it hits the ground. Just pick up the ones you want and shred the rest XD

I can switch on/off one folder at a time with sync so if I don't want a picture in that folder, I have to create a copy of the folder, delete unwanted picture from there, then sync with that duplicate folder. This is totally the worst case that can be called sync. In retrospect, I agree with you Riva, I made a poor decision when purchasing the ipad 2 and later tryong to use it as a mini computer. I never had any apple product before. If I had an ipod, I would know what an ipad is. I will feel so much berrer if either google or microsoft can come up with some thing half decent compared with ipad smoothness and with feature of a miniacturized computer.

I have not been checking android out lately but win 8 is pretty disappointing as its immediate predissessor in terms of touch. Both android and win are mediocore to me while apple has lots of things I love and hate. What a dark age for tablets?

I bought the wife an Asus TF-101 Transformer last year and she is very happy with it (so am I). I bought an iPhone a few weeks back after deliberating Android/IOS and favoured IOS due to poor app security in Android. Big mistake, I will probably never buy one again (ask in 2 years when contract runs out). Interface is slick but to me it's just turd polishing.

Smooth operation of ios, open source and adk from andriod, and win 8 classic desktop (I can put up it given the first two) = my dream tablet system.

Any professional recovery tool can retrieve those encrypted photos easily. So, there is any effective way to permanently erase some unwanted photos from your iPhone/iPad.

The most secure way is using professional third-party software like iPhone Data Eraser, which is a reliable and effective tool to smash photos and other personal data.
You can read the information here: http://www.iphone-mac.com/delete-iphone-photos.html

This thread is a bit old for this kind of question (assume OP already has it sorted out), but in general, I don't recommend sync with iTunes. Manage that stuff manually as much as you can. I love my iPhone / iPad, but iTunes is a horrible application, and it seems like every update makes it worse. Last time I used a current version (the one on my computer is several revisions old now) I couldn't find anything. I consider myself rather adept, but I have no freaking clue how they expect Grandma to find some of the options I was looking for. Egad! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I use the native OS photo import to bring pictures from the iPad to a computer. I rarely download photos TO the iPad, and sometimes letting it sync just one folder is OK for this kind of thing, but boy will you feel the pain if you let iTunes sync your media willy-nilly.

If I see that **** pop-up one more time..... "This device is currently synced to another iTunes library. Would you like to nuke all of your precious data and sync it to this computer? You can say no, but if you do, I won't let you do anything with it at all. So basically, delay the inevitable if you'd like, but you'll have to say yes eventually. C'mon. Do it. DO IT. Let me watch you weep."