It's "you're", not "your"  :)

I just felt it necessary to remind people that when you are contracting the words "you are", it becomes "you're", not "your". "Your" is the possessive form. For example "You're going to fry your Arduino."

An exception can be made for folks who are not native English speakers.

He he. ;D :wink:

<>

koyaanisqatsi, I appreciate your comment. That is somewhat of a pet peeve of mine as well. Thanks for speaking up for proper english. "Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." :wink:

Also bothers me to no end. I correct people in person, but I never bother on the forums considering the atrocities I see such as

be carful or u could hert you're arduino duemilanava

You guys are hilarious!

You guys are too much. I bet you solder with long pants on also. :wink:

Lefty

Hahah,

It is very easy understand english to me, but a little hard to express my thoughts

2 1337 4 me :sunglasses:

I bet you solder with long pants on also.

And sometimes I remember to close up that methane leak before lighting a candle, but hey, no one's perfect.

Heh. I'm usually standing in my garage when I solder. So pants aren't the issue for me... I learned the hard way to not solder while wearing SANDALS. You can't kick molten solder out from between you're toes very easy. :o

We're supposed to wear pants???????????????

I really need to get a chair at my soldering station...and maybe some heat...it's out in the shed, and it's not exactly toasty this time of year ;D!

Then I suggest wearing sandals. As soon as you spill some solder, you'll warm up in no time doing the Moonwalk(tm). [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Heh. I'm usually standing in my garage when I solder. So pants aren't the issue for me... I learned the hard way to not solder while wearing SANDALS. You can't kick molten solder out from between you're toes very easy. Shocked

Shouldn't it be your toes? :wink:

haha, yeah it annoys me. Mostly it is duemilanova! That's not even english. I can live with the other errors as there are many people who are not native english speakers on this forum.

Mowcius

It does bother me when people spell Arduino names wrong. I get that they're kind of difficult to spell, but how long does it take to memorize "Duemilanove" and "Diecimila"?

but how long does it take to memorize "Duemilanove" and "Diecimila"?

Especially when the darn thing is probably sitting right in front of them when they write their posts. :wink:

spell Arduino names wrong

???? spell them wrong? Heck, I can't even "say" them correctly! Once it gets past "Smith" and "Jones" - I'm lost!

Yea, I was raised in the USA! the "Real" USA - South of the Mason Dixon line :D, not "up north" where folks talk funny ;D

Ya'll have a good day :slight_smile:

Ken H.

not "up north" where folks talk funny

Talk funny? Talk funny?????

My 2nd cousin grew in in Shreveport, LA and I couldn't understand more than 6 words that came outa his mouth. He sounded like he was growed up in da swams.... ;D

Actually, I take on any accent from where I am for more than a week at a time. :wink:

All Americans talk funny, but they think I talk funny.......... :slight_smile:

Lets face it, Arduino is geek territory, and geeks are usually pedants. I have a hang up with "Losers" who can't spell the word (hint : it doesn't have two 'O's)

It does bother me when people spell Arduino names wrong. I get that they're kind of difficult to spell, but how long does it take to memorize "Duemilanove" and "Diecimila"?

I often spell Diecimila wrong (deicimila) but I have never had one so I often let myself off ;D

I mostly get annoyed with 'duemilanova' (sounds like an exploding arduino to me!) >:(

Mowcius