Interfacing a removed Mobile phone camera

Hey guys.
I'm working on an eye tracking project and I needed a small size camera. So I dismantled my old non working nokia phone and took out its back camera. But I don't know how to use that camera to capture live images and make it function as a regular camera. Any suggestions or help will be appreciated. Thank you :slight_smile:

Do you have a datasheet, or even a real part number for this camera yet?

not really.. it has F9512 and then 2XU_30 written on it. it's a 1.3MP camera of nokia 2720...ill attach its pics

i also hav d same prob is ther any circuit 2 use it ????????

These cameras sometimes have two interfaces; and I2C control interface and a faster parallel data interface.
It's also probably low-voltage, so you're going to need level-converters.

Given that slow eight bit microcontrollers and imaging devices are not comfortable bed-fellows, I'd drop it in the bin and rethink your problem.

i know that is a very old topic, but i'm on a similar project and hope this can be usefull for you...
the camera connector is identified by X3301...

(i know, my english is terrible, sorry for that...)

bye...

2720_fold_rm-519_rm-520_schematics.pdf (1.15 MB)

High speed LVDS interface for the imaging data. You will be looking at a specific ASIC or FPGA to handle that kind of data.

Maybe you /could/ make it work with a Raspberry Pi, and some heavy coding.

Arduino ? - No!

// Per.

i found this, I have not read yet, but I think it can be useful ...
may not work, but you sure have a long work ahead ...
good luck... bye

SMIA_Functional_specification_1.0.pdf (2.26 MB)

1 Like

i have a problem...i scrapped the camera and screen out of my samsung s3600 model....i want my camera and screen to work...but i dont know from where to power them....

rvndjoshi:
i have a problem.

Sure do! Note reply #4.