Go Down

Topic: The Not-so-amazing Disappearing ESP8266 (Read 5675 times) previous topic - next topic

ballscrewbob

Mar 19, 2017, 11:21 pm Last Edit: Mar 19, 2017, 11:23 pm by Ballscrewbob

I cannot reproduce the effect here under win 7 x64 pro, Server 2013, or windows XP, and at least 4 IDE versions.

If I KILL my internet, perform a full shut down and re-start of the computers here I still have ESP's available on starting those IDE's.

Only way I can think of (under windows at least) is that some people have a setting or clean up tools or similar that nails the contents of specific folders on exit.

Seems to be limited to a very very very small amount of people going on the reports in here so might be hard for others to also re-produce

BTW screen caps under windows is scary easy..ALT, PRT SCR for the active window.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

gelfling6

Okay, touche on the screen capture.. 
It not cleaning the directories, or files.. they are still there, but when the IDE fails to obtain the json file, it seems to stop loading the location of the board definitions past the regular AVR set (according to board manager), but if I am connected online, and it does a query for the json file, the definitions for the 8266 boards are added to the boards list again.

ballscrewbob

Ok so "what"is not cleaning directories or files ?

Which particular files ?

It does sound like a semi locked down computer that is not allowing files to stay as it thinks they have changed (which is true)
That could be down to a setting or policy enforced on some networks by an IT administrator.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Go Up