Go Down

Topic: Problems with buttons through multiplexer to shiftregister {Solved} (Read 69 times) previous topic - next topic

Imbecillen

Hi!

I'm making a midi controller and got some problems. The multiplexed potentiometers are working great, now I'm trying to connect 16 buttons through a mux but something is wrong I guess. The hardware is ok I think, so if anyone could check my code for errors I would be happy! It's compiling but I'm pretty new to this so I probably have some errors anyway..

The monitor receives messages constantly from the mux, and it's going through all the channels but missing out on one which is weird. In total I just receives 15 messages but should have 16. It should also only receive when pressing a button ofc and not constantly.

The led feedback is not working at all, so something is probably missing out on that part as well. But first of I need to get the multiplexer working, so any ideas on that one?

I'm using a Teensy LC for this project. The problem should be in Multiplexer 5, since I use that one for buttons.

The project on GitHub:

https://github.com/Imbecillen/midi-controller

Serial monitor result and a midi monitor snapshot is shown in the project if it is helping. Also a couple of pictures of the prototype hardware, mostly for the interested ones out there! :)

All help is much appreciated!

dougp

I'm making a midi controller and got some problems. The multiplexed potentiometers are working great, now I'm trying to connect 16 buttons through a mux but something is wrong I guess. The hardware is ok I think,
You may induce folks to respond by posting an as-built, non-fritzing schematic and your sketch enclosed in code tags - the < /> icon above the smilies.
So two neutrinos went into a bar.  Nothing happened.  They were just passing through.

Imbecillen

You may induce folks to respond by posting an as-built, non-fritzing schematic and your sketch enclosed in code tags - the < /> icon above the smilies.
Thanks! The code did reach maximum of letters in the post, therefore my github link. I will work on a better presentation, stay tuned!

The problem is solved for now btw, but I will keep the thread open because there will be more questions soon...

dougp

The usual way is to distill the code down to just enough to exhibit the problem.
So two neutrinos went into a bar.  Nothing happened.  They were just passing through.

Go Up