Arduino UNO to control several systems together. (is it possible?)

Hi All.

We have a project to control lighting system, read temperature value and take images from a webcam by using an Arduino UNO. Also later need to see these datas as a webpage. Will it be possible to use one UNO and an ethernet shield for simultaneous systems. Can you share your experience with us.

Thanks for help.

We have a project to control lighting system

No problem.

read temperature value

No problem.

and take images from a webcam

Ooh. Big problem.

Also later need to see these datas as a webpage.

Two out of three will work.

Why you need the web cam data to go through the Arduino is a mystery.

Will it be possible to use one UNO and an ethernet shield for simultaneous systems.

Define "simultaneous systems".

Firstly thanks for your reply.

By simultaneously i mean using these together at the same time.

1-Why can't we take images by using webcam?
2-If we can't use webcam can we use a shield to do this work. I know there is one shield taking images.
3-Or is it better to use some other thing to take images and send to web?
4-Can we collect all of these data from arduino and send to web to access from other places?

Waiting for reply, I am excited

1-Why can't we take images by using webcam?

I'm going to give you a spoon and a dixie cup. I want you to empty the swimming pool. In a torrential downpour. Let me know when you're done.

2-If we can't use webcam can we use a shield to do this work. I know there is one shield taking images.

Which shield? For what? You simply can't pipe all the data through the Arduino.

3-Or is it better to use some other thing to take images and send to web?

That's what a web cam does. There is no reason to try to pipe all the data through the Arduino.

4-Can we collect all of these data from arduino and send to web to access from other places?

You don't appear to understand web (client/server) data handling. There is no place called "the web" where you send data. You create a web server (the Arduino with Ethernet shield can do that) that serves up the data on request.

The clients (web browsers are the most common but not the only ones) request data as they need it. There are meta tags that the server can put in the served page that tell the client to fetch the data again after a suitable period. The client is free to ignore them or to respect them and pull the data again later, making what appears to be a real-time system (but really isn't).

In fact I know about web servers a bit but i didn't think we can use arduino+ethernet as a web server. That is really cool. Actually i have found a card taking images but i think i will use this system:

What do you think about it? Can we do it?

Also another problem is the pin numbers. Do you think we will have enough pins for all of these?

Thanks

What do you think about it? Can we do it?

That system is not getting data from a web cam. It is sending a message to another computer to tell another application to get the data from the web cam.

Also another problem is the pin numbers. Do you think we will have enough pins for all of these?

All of these what? All that you have listed said you want to do is "control lighting system", whatever that means, and "read temperature value", but have not specified how many thermometers you want to use, or what type they are.

Hi

1-**About the webcam issue:**I know that the webcam is not controlled by arduino directly but it looks working so no problem i think.
2-About pins: I will use

• one LM35 to get temperature data
  • an ethernet shield will be attached for internet thing
  • if i use the system i talked above for webcam i will need a digital input for doorbell
  • one digital for open/close air conditioner
  • one digital for open/close lighting system
  • one digital to open/close door lock

I think Arduino UNO can handle all of them, can it?