Go Down

Topic: app+sensor+relay (Read 99 times) previous topic - next topic

skrardu

Hi,

I have made a program with arduino + esp8266 that sends sensor data to a local web server (to a network pc). Arduino, besides the sensors, also has a relay connected to a lamp.
Now, I wanted to create an APP (my intention was to do it with APP INVENTOR) to connect to arduino and change the state of the relay (from ON to OFF) and query data from the sensors.

My question for the subject would be:

Arduino + esp8266 (which I now have configured as a client) would be able to continue sending data to the server and satisfy the requests of the APP (query sensors and modify relay)?

gfvalvo

skrardu

No, I did not know him. Is it also possible to display values of the sensors? (I have seen that if it is able to activate relay)

PaulS

My question for the subject would be:

Arduino + esp8266 (which I now have configured as a client) would be able to continue sending data to the server and satisfy the requests of the APP (query sensors and modify relay)?
No. If the Arduino + ESP8266 is configured as a client, it can not handle GET requests to turn the relay on or off. Only a server can handle GET requests.

That does NOT mean that the Arduino + ESP8266 can't be a server and a client. But, it must be primarily a server.
The art of getting good answers lies in asking good questions.

skrardu

Okay, I'll prove the application anyway

Go Up