Esplora Advanced Joystick Mouse

I modified the Esplora Joystick Mouse demo and came up with this, better controls and good for general purpose day-to-day use.

Same as the Joystick Mouse example the joystick moves the cursor and pressing the joystick button down issues a click.

I added the feature of using the D-pad as mouse buttons and wheel. Pressing down left and right buttons issue a mouse press, left and right button respectively. Pushing the up and down buttons issues the scroll wheel commands. And the slider controls the speed of the mouse.

Also I added a little bit of threshold of mouse movement to prevent the pointer jerking when the controller is released.

Here comes the code:

#include <Esplora.h>
#include <Mouse.h>

void setup(void)
{
  Mouse.begin();
}

int oldScrollUp = 0;
int oldScrollDown = 0;
int stateTime = 0;

#define THRESHOLD 20

void loop(void)
{
  int xValue = Esplora.readJoystickX();
  int yValue = Esplora.readJoystickY();

int leftButton = Esplora.readJoystickSwitch() && Esplora.readButton(SWITCH_LEFT);
  int rightButton = Esplora.readButton(SWITCH_RIGHT);

int scrollUp = Esplora.readButton(SWITCH_UP);
  int scrollDown = Esplora.readButton(SWITCH_DOWN);

int range = Esplora.readSlider();

int mouseRange = map(range, 0, 1023, 2, 10);
  int mouseX = (xValue < THRESHOLD && xValue > -THRESHOLD) ? 0 : map(xValue, -512, 512, mouseRange, -mouseRange);
  int mouseY = (yValue < THRESHOLD && yValue > -THRESHOLD) ? 0 : map(yValue, -512, 512, -mouseRange, mouseRange);
  int wheel = 0;
  if (oldScrollUp != scrollUp || oldScrollDown != scrollDown)
  {
    wheel = (scrollUp != scrollDown) ? (scrollUp ? -mouseRange : mouseRange) : 0;
    oldScrollUp = scrollUp;
    oldScrollDown = scrollDown;
    stateTime = millis();
  }
  else if ((millis() - stateTime) % 100 == 0 && (millis() - stateTime) >= 1000)
  {
    wheel = (scrollUp != scrollDown) ? (scrollUp ? -mouseRange : mouseRange) : 0;
  }
  Mouse.move(mouseX, mouseY, wheel);

if (!leftButton)
    Mouse.press(MOUSE_LEFT);
  else
    Mouse.release(MOUSE_LEFT);

if (!rightButton)
    Mouse.press(MOUSE_RIGHT);
  else
    Mouse.release(MOUSE_RIGHT);
}

Thanks For Posting That Code! I can now use my Esplora To Play PC Games And It Runs Way Faster! you Are The Best! :grin:

Great Job on Updating This Code! I Updated The Mouse Code I Had On My Esplora and You Made It 30X Faster Than it Used To Be, And Now I can Use It For Gaming! :grin:

This is actually really cool. I recently got my Esplora and did the same thing. :slight_smile:

Nice code, man. Thanks!