I/O voltage levels for Arduino 101

I see from the Arduino 101 circuit diagram that all I/O headers are connected through level converters (LSF0108).
I used to have the impression that level converters generally handle digital signals however I see that analog signals routed to ADC channels are also connected to the level converters.

Even what I have seen in the LSF0108 data sheet is it mostly lists out level conversion in the digital domain, my question is does this chip pass through analog signals?

What level signals can I provide on the headers can I provide signals at 3.3V level although these are not Arduino compatible but are compatible with the Intel Curie, how will the level translaters handle this level?
Will it simply pass through this signal and provide the same to the curie chip?

TIA

As with most Arduinos Analog signals are approximated from 0 to 1023 (i believe) so don't pas directly through.

The 1023 max can be read from either 3.3v sensors or 5v sensors that you would define in the sketch.

There is a good explanation about that HERE

Not yet had to use level converters on anything I have hooked up to the 3.3 volt type boards as the onboard does handle things pretty well.

Each sensor has a range limit for operation so all you need to do is read the data sheet and apply the correct scaling as per the linked article.

Yes, if it were a 3.3V arduino I wouldn't have much doubt's about it however the Intel Curie is 3.3V but the on board level translators (LSF0108) change that level from 3.3V on the Curie side to 5V on the I/O headers side.. or that is what I think is going on.

So my questions are.

1. will I get max of 1024 at 3.3V or 5V for analog I/O?
  2. can I give 3.3V on the digital I/O pins or do I have to stay with 5V levels as I do with the 5V arduino's.