cell phone jammer using house Mains ground as antenna

would that be possible? i saw somewhere someone use their houses ground connection through a wall socket to extend the rang of his wireless headphones, fo course this creates a huge antenna as well as noise and might disrupt the neighbors devices on the same frequency , theoretically could you make a cell phone jammer and use your mains ground as the antenna ? I am not planning to make this nor am i asking for details on how , its just an idea that came to mind

I'm not sure you'd get away with it because of the frequencies used...

You'd probably have more success picking a longer wave length to jam :slight_smile: - interesting concept if you could though...

I don't know, if I call from the back of my house I get crappy cell coverage, walk 18-20' to the front door and it's a lot better - maybe some self-jamming going on 8)

CrossRoads:
I don't know, if I call from the back of my house I get crappy cell coverage, walk 18-20' to the front door and it's a lot better - maybe some self-jamming going on 8)

I had exactly the same problem up to a couple of months ago. Then the phone company readjusted their mast and the signal is now quite strong and much the same throughout the house.

CrossRoads:

Is the outside of your house stucco?

No, cedar clapboard. I figure it's just crappy antenna placement (AT&T).

Aren't jammers (of any kind) illegal in most civilized countries?

Is using a grounded wire really good practice for any kind of antenna?

To answer the original question the answer is no .
To make any kind of antenna that is in any way efficient , the antenna has to be resonant with respect to the frequency of the
energy being fed into it.
Most Cell phones operate on frequencies from 800 Mhz upwards.
Theres no way of connecting a transmitter on these types of frequencies to any kind of random length long wire antenna and expecting the wire to radiate the energy.