What else offer an Arduino MEGA beside the big amount of ports?

Im undecided if UNO or MEGA, here I can buy the MEGA by 2.3 times the price of an UNO, I have the money for both, but I dont want to know what else offer the Mega to convince myself to expend the money in that, and not another thing.

Thanks!

My last UNO is gone

mega 2560 have 256Ko of flash memory (the one used by you software)
uno only 32K
it could be a good reason to switch to mega depending on your projects
have a look here

You didn't state if Mega or Mega2560 but other then memory size those two are equal. You get besides more I/O pins you get 4 hardware serial ports, five user interrupt pins, more timers.

It really depends on the project scope you are going to work with. I still like arduino board that use socketed dip chip 328 processors because you can develop your program on the arduino development board, and then pop the chip out and wire in your project circuit as a standalone microcontroller with just a couple of support components and buy a $6 replacement 328 chip and you are ready to develop your next project. Any of the SMD packaged processors (Uno or mega or nano boards) aren't as DIY friendly for that kind of development cycle.

It also has 8Kb of ram compared to the 2Kb that the Uno as to offer, more timers as said, more ADC inputs, more timers, more hardware pwm's.
But the 256k flash is deceiving because gcc can only generate code up to 128Kb.

More ports (including 3 more hardware serial ports), more RAM, and more flash.

One possible drawback: the SPI pins moved, so some shields (like the Ethernet and WiFi shields) that use SPI don't work with the Mega.

i use the official ethernet shield with the mega2560 and it works
are you talking about the enc ethernet shield ?

As far as I know, MEGA was not really an arduino creation. It was made by sparkfun, right?

There's an official Mega, with a 1280 CPU. It has SPI brought out to that double-row connector.

I have no idea whether/how it differs from what Sparkfun sells. I only posted because I remembered reading complaints from people who'd been unpleasantly surprised by the SPI pinout difference, and thought it was worth mentioning to a potential buyer.

I thought a lot of shields use the ISP connector to get the SPI signals. If so these should be compatable.

Rob

it has more pins which can do PWM, than the arduino, right?

fkeel:
it has more pins which can do PWM, than the arduino, right?

From the reference:

On most Arduino boards (those with the ATmega168 or ATmega328), this function works on pins 3, 5, 6, 9, 10, and 11. On the Arduino Mega, it works on pins 2 through 13. Older Arduino boards with an ATmega8 only support analogWrite() on pins 9, 10, and 11. You do not need to call pinMode() to set the pin as an output before calling analogWrite().

More timers means more PWM pins avalible.