Controlling RGB LED MATRIX w/ Colors Shield on Arduino Uno 1.0.1

I recently purchased an RGB LED Matrix and a Colors Shield v1.1 from Itead Studio.
I am running this on an Arduino Uno w/ Arduino v. 1.0.1. All of the sample codes that I have found online for this project say you can just copy and paste the code into Arduino and the Matrix will display the sample images, however mine is not doing this.
Anytime I try to verify/run the code it gives me an error message:

In file included from /Applications/Area Software/Art X/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:213,
from sketch_nov13a.cpp:69:
/Applications/Area Software/Art X/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/arduino/variants/standard/pins_arduino.h:45: error: expected unqualified-id before 'volatile'
/Applications/Area Software/Art X/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/arduino/variants/standard/pins_arduino.h:45: error: expected )' before 'volatile' /Applications/Area Software/Art X/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/arduino/variants/standard/pins_arduino.h:45: error: expected )' before 'volatile'
/Applications/Area Software/Art X/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/arduino/variants/standard/pins_arduino.h:46: error: expected unqualified-id before 'volatile'
/Applications/Area Software/Art X/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/arduino/variants/standard/pins_arduino.h:46: error: expected )' before 'volatile' /Applications/Area Software/Art X/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/arduino/variants/standard/pins_arduino.h:46: error: expected )' before 'volatile'

Could somebody please help me out and let me know what exactly is going on and what I need to do to fix this??
Thanks

yesterday i had the same problem,

if you use the third zip file on the page https://github.com/lincomatic/Colorduino/downloads
for your libary it wil work. you also can use the demo code to try it.

Grtz