Arduino as a Pic Programmer!

wow seems like I got answer of my unasked question,going to use it in one of my own project:)
thanks for your help!!!

Soranne could you enable the program and a manual to use it because I'm not getting alone!

Hi Soranne,

Any chance you could post the C# code for the application?

Thanks!

Soranne I have been following this project and now I want to program one PIC12F683.
Can it now be programed with your current version of this project?

flyboy_____:
Soranne I have been following this project and now I want to program one PIC12F683.
Can it now be programed with your current version of this project?

Anyone posting here?

Hello, men the programmer works 100%¡¡¡ congratulations, but
the programmer only work with BASIC code, i´m try with
C code copiled with PIC C and dont work.

you see the picture.

sorry for bad inglish, i´m spanish.

Captura.PNG

djsaw1994:
Hello, men the programmer works 100%¡¡¡ congratulations, but
the programmer only work with BASIC code, i´m try with
C code copiled with PIC C and dont work.

you see the picture.

sorry for bad inglish, i´m spanish.

Hey,

That is a weird error, comes from the hex file itself, you should try to convert it to INTEL HEX format if you can.

To all others : I receive a lot of questions, unfortunately I don't have time to support that project anymore, because of my studies. I am really sorry about that. I also have seen that the C# code has disapeared, i will repost it as soon as possible.

Best regards.

please can you make a step by step for me? i don't understand how to use the second code(for COM)

Untitled.png

Hi Soranne, would you please upload again the circuit diagram? The one mentioned in your page at http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/210379schma.png is no longer available. Thank you.

Hi

I'm trying to download the Program from the second post. But something seems to be wrong with the file. I'm not able to open it. Is it really a zip Archive?

Thanks for helping me out.

The zip in the post is corrupted.
Is there anyone with the original working version willing to upload it somewhere?

cheers

P.s. I did manage to repair the downloaded zip from the second post using some 'diskinternals zip repair' tool (I can start the ArduinoPic.exe, can't test if it is working correctly at the moment). Not sure how to attach anything to this post, but some zip-repair tool might help you too.

Great, Thanks!

p.s.: when you type a reply, just below the textfield there is a little text "Additional Options...". You have to click on it, then you see where you can upload ("Attach") files.

EDIT: Just did it myself. Here's the recovered zip-file.

recovered_ArduinoPic.zip (8.32 KB)

Doesn't look like that zip file is working either. Really interested in trying this out. Does anyone know where I can get that C# program?

Have you tried this code on a chipKIT board?

Jacob

I'd like to use my Arduino to program a PM25LD010C-SCE chip. It's actually an 8-pin bios flash chip for a computer graphics card. I'm wondering if this will allow me to program that chip, and if not, whether it could be done by modifying your code/schematic?

Does some one has a Tutorial for this , im a bit confused
thx

Does this also work with PIC16F505-I/P?

Hi, cool project, very nice.
I want to try it.
The reason is that I am developing a project that can benefit from it. My project uses a PIC bootloader, and this Arduino-PIC Programmer seems to be a nice combination to my project.
[My questions]
It seems that I can use the 16F628A or 16F88 or 16F886/887 for tests, right?
And, is there a list of already tested MCUs?
The GUI Uploader Application is also available?
Is there any current website with information about it?

*The photo in this post is the micro-black-box (as in aviation) prototype, which is part of the Moleculine Project.

Below URL to software I am using:
My Project is called Moleculine Project:

MicroBlackBox Prototype:

Also, there is another PIC Programmer using RaspberryPI here (which I am also using):

The PIC bootloader I am using help developing (modifying):
http://www.microchip.com/forums/m614768.aspx

The Python GUI software uploader I am using and help developing (modifying):
http://tinybldlin.sourceforge.net/

Thanks all,
Regards,
Valter Fukuoka
Nagoya City, Japan

Try to use Arduinopic program without success..
when I write my .hex to pic it pass ok and Arduinopic shows "Finished"
but when I try to read data from pic I get ONLY 49 data words with complete different data.
Anyone had this problem?
What It could be?

Hi guys,

I've been trying to program a 627A over the last week or so. I initially tried Soranne's code, but I didn't have much success and I wanted to write a PC-side programming script compatible with linux anyway. In the end, I wrote a new sketch based on Sorrane's, and managed to get the programming working (I think the issue might be due to slightly different timings needed for the -A version).

Anyway, everything's detailed more on my post and GitHub page. Hopefully it's of use to someone!