arduino IDE 1.5.4 bug in communicating with labview

hey all

i am a new hobbyiest in this area and started working on arduino and labview. I have downloaded the LIFA(labview interface for arduino) and arduino IDE1.5.4 and trying to upload the LIFA base firmware to arduino But i am facing a compile error-"
Arduino: 1.5.4 (Windows 8), Board: "Arduino Mega 2560 or Mega ADK"
E:\software\arduino_new\arduino-1.5.4\libraries\RobotIRremote\IRremoteTools.cpp: 5: error: 'TKD2' was not declared in this scope

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
enabled in File > Preferences.
"

surprisingly when tried to upload the LIFA base with old arduino IDE which is version 1.0.1 it gets successful, i think it because of the new library files of IR remote tools are added in new version of arduino ide. and this libraries has some missing syntax. i am not sure with whom I should discuss this error means to the labview side or to the arduino side. so plz help me to troubleshoot this error.

Are you using a Due? None of the other boards needs 1.5.x. Stick with 1.0.x for boards other than the Due.

No i m not using due, mine is mega 2560. yes its true that only due and yun board needs 1.5.x version but all other boards are also compatible then y this error is coming.and off course if its a bug then it will create problem for due and yun boards too.
for the sake of time i downloaded 1.0.5 and everything worked . but it doesn't has the IR sensor libraries.

I have this same issue. Even running the default demo sketches have the declaring issue. I really hope someone more knowledgable than me can shed some light on this. Is there a work around or a new releasing coming soon to fix this? I tried the nightly build and it did not resolve the issue. I'm working with the Yun.

I have this same issue.

Specifically, that would be?

Even running the default demo sketches have the declaring issue.

If you are getting compiler errors, then you are NOT running a demo sketch. If you are getting compiler errors, perhaps you should explain what board you have selected, what code you are trying to compile, and what, exactly, the errors are.

I encountered the same problem.

Removing the files - libraries\RobotIRremote\IRremoteTools.cpp and libraries\RobotIRremote\IRremoteTools.h solved the problem. They are example files which somehow are getting included. You can move those two files to some other location as backup.

lamirap:

Removing the files - libraries\RobotIRremote\IRremoteTools.cpp and libraries\RobotIRremote\IRremoteTools.h solved the problem. They are example files which somehow are getting included. You can move those two files to some other location as backup.

You save my day Thanks a lot..

lamirap:

thanks a lot sir, thanks a lot

Bonjour,
J'utilise depuis peu un arduino mega 2560 pour remplacer mon UNO.
J'avais créer un programme pour mon UNO qui fonctionne à merveille mais quand j'ai voulu l'envoyer sur mon mega le logiciel me répond ça :

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
enabled in File > Preferences.
Arduino: 1.0.6 (Windows NT (unknown)), Board: "Arduino Mega 2560 or Mega ADK"
c:/program files/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.3.2/../../../../avr/lib/avr6/crtm2560.o: In function __vector_default': (.vectors+0xd0): relocation truncated to fit: R_AVR_13_PCREL against symbol __vector_52' defined in .text.__vector_52 section in core.a(HardwareSerial.cpp.o)

Avez-vous une idée du problème et éventuellement une solution ?

Cordialement,
Josselin

varunskies:
surprisingly when tried to upload the LIFA base with old arduino IDE which is version 1.0.1 it gets successful

Hello,
I'm a new user of arduino. I have the same compilation problem again. I installed the old IDE 1.0.1 but it don't complile either.
Please Help !

hi i removed the RobotIRremote library but i didn't install IRRemote from GITHub and i had this:
compiling sketch...
java.lang.NullPointerException
at processing.app.debug.Compiler.recursiveCompileFilesInFolder(Compiler.java:682)
at processing.app.debug.Compiler.compileLibrary(Compiler.java:661)
at processing.app.debug.Compiler.compileLibraries(Compiler.java:649)
at processing.app.debug.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:131)
at processing.app.Sketch.build(Sketch.java:1589)
at processing.app.Sketch.build(Sketch.java:1509)
at processing.app.Editor$DefaultRunHandler.run(Editor.java:1915)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

what can i do to solve it?

What were you compiling?

jenniferrr:

The errors suggest a Java problem. I have seen similar errors caused by some missing or extra character in the Arduino code that prevents Java from parsing the line correctly.

This sort of thing should have been trapped by whoever wrote the Arduino IDE.

...R