Power supply for my LED modules

retrolefty:

KE7GKP:
We're all just wasting our time shooting in the dark without any definitive information about the mystery LED modules.

Well the OP did link to where he bought them, and from the description given there, it seems a pretty simple wiring job to me, 12vdc to as many modules that you want to string together.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Boat-30-LED-White-Superflux-Light-6-Module-String-/280721768121?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item415c523eb9

WOW, Thanks for the responeses guy & maybe it wasnt as stupid question as I thought.

They came prewired in the string of 6.
"I checked your ebay source. 12 volts at 6 Watts means 500 ma of current is needed MAX" + "For your 12 volt 700mA power supply, i would just use a 20 ohm resistor or greater. i would use 100 ohm just to be safe."
So adding a resistor will "draw down" (bad terminology?) the 700mA to under 600mA making it safe for the lights?
Will a standard 1/4 100ohm resistor be ok? Also, I just wire it in between power supply & 1st module?

Again massive thanks, I',m trying to read as much as I can but just couldnt find a direct answer to these questions & dont really wanna start a fire (or electrocute myslef) or anything ;-).

Also sorry my camera isnt working otherwise I could just post decent pics!