Go Down

Topic: An example of Arduino Due as an USB host mass storage (Read 26058 times) previous topic - next topic

JuanSalazar

Hola Palliser, gracias for the answer

But that's the problem, I must make a school project with it, and I don't have enough time to expect the summer. I want only to ask you if there's an alternative to create the "library code" for rd/rw usb pen drive. For example, can the USB Host Library 2.0 be used for this on Arduino Due without buy an USB Host Shield? I think not but I can myself wrong...

earx

Juan: I've tried USB Host Library 2.0 and it most definitely can not be used with the Due. Everything is written for the MAXIM usb host chip. So all the MAXIM code needs to be replaced with SAM3 uhc code.

earx

On a more positive note! This ASF example is great news for me! I want to have keyboard + usb stick connected to the Due at the same time and it looks like Palliser's example can do just this?

Is there any easy way to convert this to the Arduino IDE?

earx

well, i'm already trying to hack and get this working on plain old arm-gcc..

Palliser

afaik, Atmel/Arduino are working on a new USB host stack for both Due and Zero. It will have the support of Mass Storage. No milestone announced yet. Regards,

p

earx

Holy shit, that would be amazing!! Thanks for that news!! 

I've even gone so far as to turn the entire USBHost system into statemachines. Costing me a whole week of development alone. It works, but mass storage had to be backported from USBHost 2.0/3.0 and that's no walk in the park.

Palliser: Is there any way I could come into contact with Atmel or Arduino about this new development. If possible, I would like to help!

Cheers!

vinod_chinthoti

hi all

I have a small doubt, at time of programming using bossac.exe file my USB cable connected to Programming port or Native USB port

Palliser

hi all

I have a small doubt, at time of programming using bossac.exe file my USB cable connected to Programming port or Native USB port
Hello vinod_chinthoti,
You can use any of the Arduino Due USB ports (Programming or Native) but make sure you use:

'false' with USB Programming port

'true' with USB Native port

Example:

Let's say...

...your directory_path_to_bossac' is: C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\bossac\1.6.1-arduino
...your 'directory_path_to_program' is: C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_805975
...your program is: program.ino.bin
...you USB Programming port is: COM2
...you USB Native port is: COM3

Then:

When connected to USB Programming port (COM2):

directory_path_to_bossac\bossac.exe --port=COM2 -U false -e -w -v -b \directory_path_to_program\program.ino.bin -R
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Example  when connected to USB Native port (COM3):

directory_path_to_bossac\bossac.exe --port=COM3 -U true -e -w -v -b \directory_path_to_program\program.ino.bin -R
Regards,

-p

Go Up