Serial Port problems

com64:
Dear spcomputing,

Thank you. All problems are not totally resolved but I can use the Board. The whole system is very capricious. Sometimes I have an instant communication through COM8, sometimes I have to reboot the computer. Sometimes I lose the connection when uploading a new sketch. Also when uploading a new or a modified sketch, I sometimes have the message saying: “COM 8 busy with another program. Try to uninstall the other program”. Most of the times, holding the reset button while clicking on the ‘Upload’ icon and only then, releasing the reset button helps…but not every times.
Despite those minor nuisances, I like the board and can see its enormous potential for future uses when I shall finally correct those problems.
Next step is to build a Real Time Clock and use the ‘time’ functions.

Regards

c64

Are you using 1.0.1 right?

I am experiencing troubles with the serial port also, never had issues with 0023 (besides some delays with bt devices) but now the menu is constantly grayed out... I tried updating the 8u2 to the rev0003, but after some uploads I got the same issue. Very annoying, the only workaround I found is to change the com port number every time this happens.