[MOD] Arduino Enhanced Release 1.0.5 for Windows (installer, drivers, etc) +SRC

Download the first link, the package should be 35 mb or so. That one will solve your problem.

You mean this one:

http://arduino-erw.googlecode.com/files/setup_Arduino_ERW_1.0.3_20121213.zip

That is the one I have.
(That is the first link I can find.)

Yes, the error message is because there is something wrong with java. The other thing you can try is installing java, and downloading the version without java. But your problem is very strange.

I just checked and I have the latest Java.

So I hope that is good.

I am downloading the "no-java" version now.

(Cute how they go in program files\arduino...... rather than just in program files..... how I have the other two.)
Took a bit of finding.

Installed the NON-JAVA version. Same problem.
It just gives up on me. Same error.
(I put in in a similar path but appended NO JAVA to the end, so I have both versions installed.)

That isn't a problem is it?

No, no issues. There is a last thing to do: http://screencast.com/t/LLlm4QraF

And paste that log here.

As requested:

CmdLine: C:\Program Files\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.3\arduino.exe --l4j-debug
WOW64: no
Working dir: C:\Program Files\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.3.
Bundled JRE: java
Check launcher: C:\Program Files\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.3\java\bin\javaw.exe (OK)
Add classpath: lib\pde.jar
Add classpath: lib\core.jar
Add classpath: lib\jna.jar
Add classpath: lib\ecj.jar
Add classpath: lib\RXTXcomm.jar
Launcher: C:\Program Files\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.3\java\bin\javaw.exe
Launcher args: -Xms256m -Xmx512m -classpath "lib;lib\pde.jar;lib\core.jar;lib\jna.jar;lib\ecj.jar;lib\RXTXcomm.jar" processing.app.Base
Args length: 120/32768 chars

Everything seems right, it is very weird. It should work. Maybe you can track the problem with Process Monitor, looking for locked files that Arduino.exe may fail to load.

That was fun.

I was overwhelmed by the log.

Alas there seems to be too many other things going on and gee it is hard to try and find out where the stuff to do with this is happening.

Click filter... Process name equals: arduino.exe

By the way, you need to research something by yourself if you want to eventually solve the problem. If you have another XP you can compare the activity between the two logs. It is time consuming at first, but I personally can assure you, you can track any issue just with process monitor and process explorer.

lost_and_confused:
This is the error:

(Cropped screen grab)

I had the same error when I tried to use Arduino IDE 1.5R2. It turned out for me, that my files for the ATTiny series chips was causing the problems. It was folder called "Hardware" that contained the ATTiny files.

Well, thanks.

I think I have narrowed down the problem:

See picture.

I shall ask Mr Google but there seems to be a missing DLL file.

Reading what I see, this "DWMAPI" is supposed to be standard with windows.

I have only recently upgraded to SP3 on this machine as I have only just got internet access on this machine.
Until them SP2 was good enough.

Reading the things, the DLL is supposed to be in just about any windows update.
Weird, I have just had a swag of them done, and none of them "installed" it or found it missing and replaced it.

The article also warns about downloading it from places, as it is supposed to be there already.

I'm kinda stuck with what to do now.

Arduino error reason.jpg

Windows will check several paths (defined in the Environment variables) so a FILE NOT FOUND is not always bad, the same as other operations, for example saving a txt file in notepad creates the file first, then deletes, then creates an empty one, etc.

Try to filter by Access denied, or something specific for arduino. I can try to fix your problem remotely via teamviewer if you are not able to find the root in a couple of days.

Nice work on all this!

I've been looking at adapting some of your improvements to work in Teensyduino. For the menu scrolling, I had to edit the code since the hard-coded 22 pixel menu item height doesn't work for Linux and Mac.

Here's the modified code:

private static int getMaximumItems(JPopupMenu menu) {
        JMenuItem test = new JMenuItem("test");
        ButtonUI ui = test.getUI();
        Dimension d = ui.getPreferredSize(test);
        double item_height = d.getHeight();
        JMenuItem up = new JMenuItem(MenuIcon.UP);
        ui = up.getUI();
        d = ui.getPreferredSize(up);
        double icon_height = d.getHeight();
        double menu_border_height = 8.0; // kludge - how to detect this?
        double screen_height = java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit().getScreenSize().getHeight();
        int n = (int)((screen_height - icon_height * 2 - menu_border_height) / item_height);
        return n;
  }

Maybe this doesn't matter, since 22 probably always works fine on Windows. But I wanted to share this, in case you're interested in using it?

Thanks Paul! I will test and update the code with yours. The fixed 22 was a value for xp or 7 (a bit more than the menu height with the default font in Windows), ugly of course :slight_smile:

Good luck on the port. I have received some requests about Teensyduino (mainly due the Bluetooth delay and updated winavr) so maybe then I can port your code to Windows again :smiley:

How did you solve the bluetooth delay? Is it a patch to librxtx?

EDIT: oh, yup, a librxtx patch... I just found this thread

Mine is not working: it shows the splash screen and then just closes. this is the Log output:

CmdLine:	C:\Devel\Arduino ERW 1.0.3\arduino.exe --l4j-debug
WOW64:		yes
Working dir:	C:\Devel\Arduino ERW 1.0.3\.
Bundled JRE:	java
Check launcher:	C:\Devel\Arduino ERW 1.0.3\java\bin\javaw.exe (n/a)
64-bit search:	SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment...
Ignore:		SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.6
Ignore:		SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.6.0_33
Ignore:		SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.7
Match:		SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.7.0_10
Using 64-bit runtime.
64-bit search:	SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit...
Ignore:		SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit\1.6
Ignore:		SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit\1.6.0_33
Ignore:		SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit\1.7
Ignore:		SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit\1.7.0_10
Using 64-bit runtime.
Check launcher:	C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe (OK)
Add classpath:	lib\pde.jar
Add classpath:	lib\core.jar
Add classpath:	lib\jna.jar
Add classpath:	lib\ecj.jar
Add classpath:	lib\RXTXcomm.jar
Launcher:	C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe
Launcher args:	-Xms256m -Xmx512m -classpath "lib;lib\pde.jar;lib\core.jar;lib\jna.jar;lib\ecj.jar;lib\RXTXcomm.jar" processing.app.Base
Args length:	120/32768 chars
Exit code:	1

Machine is Windows 7 64-bit, 16Gb RAM, 64-bit JDK + 64-bit JRE

Hi, is the version with java working in your machine?

I don't think that all components of the Windows version of the IDE are 64 bit compatible.
The only way that I could get the IDE to work with an external version of Java on Win 64 is to install the 32 bit version of Java.

I'm back.

Been busy.

I took the two faulty boards to someone else.

He has many Arduinos.

All of them work. He can flash them and all that.

Plug mine in... Nothing.

As the chips are DIP, we swapped them.

I have forgotten what exactly happened, but one weird thing was that if we put the "128"(?) chip in where the 328 should be, it can be flashed.

But with the original (and other same) chips, it simply refuses to flash.

We tried re-burnign the boot loader, but that too failed.

WRT the "missing" DLL file:
I looked on my desk machine - which wasn't connected to the net at the time. There isn't one there either.
I was sort of hoping to find it and copy it. Alas.... That isn't going to happen.

The other person tried your GUI and it wouldn't flash MY Arduinos.
It would flash others.

Two boards, bought from DIFFERENT SHOPS who have DIFFERENT SUPPLIERS, both seem dead.

So, that solves the mistery and releases any guilt over my mod? ]:smiley: