Go Down

Topic: [SOLVED]Ethernet shield slave select (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

SurferTim

May 15, 2015, 10:53 pm Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 11:40 pm by SurferTim
The default for those pins should be INPUT unless something changed them. Can you show me where that is happening?

If in fact those pins were both set to OUTPUT, then the Due is as half-baked as the wifi shield. :(

edit: I believe you now. I checked the schematic, and it appears there are two SAM pins connected to each of D4 and D10. I gotta wonder what designer/programmer would do something like that? Good thing I am not the boss there. Those guys would be looking for a new job tomorrow.

RayLivingston

The default for those pins should be INPUT unless something changed them. Can you show me where that is happening?

If in fact those pins were both set to OUTPUT, then the Due is as half-baked as the wifi shield. :(

edit: I believe you now. I checked the schematic, and it appears there are two SAM pins connected to each of D4 and D10. I gotta wonder what designer/programmer would do something like that? Good thing I am not the boss there. Those guys would be looking for a new job tomorrow.

I have no idea where those pins are being configured as outputs, but it is clearly happening somewhere.  I have no intention of tracking it down.  I'm sure someone will find it and fix it at some point.  I'm just happy my Ethernet is now working properly for the first time ever.

Regards,
Ray L.

SurferTim

Well, if what you say is true, you may actually be the first person to have one working correctly. Didn't you mention that in another post?

How does the Due do other than this? Is it what you expected?

SurferTim

Jun 06, 2015, 02:29 pm Last Edit: Jun 06, 2015, 02:50 pm by SurferTim Reason: Added solved
I have a Due now. I found the same problem on mine using my server code. Setting D10 as an OUTPUT causes the problem. Just set it HIGH to enable the pullup.
Code: [Select]
 // remove this one pinMode line. Leave the digitalWrite
  pinMode(10,OUTPUT);
  digitalWrite(10,HIGH);

edit: I removed the pinMode call on my playground server example sketches for Due compatibility.

Go Up