Pressure Sensor help

This is my first time working with Arduino and I am very excited! Unfortunately, I have encountered some problems. The goal is to use Matlab to create a GUI for an iPhone app in class. My app will require me to use two pressure sensors (and an accelerometer) that can detect the presence of a person's body weight on furniture. I was told to check sparkfun for a weight sensor, but the maximum it could hold was 100lbs. Does the pressure have to stay under the threshold given as the max, or will it just be able to tell that since the pressure is so high, there is a person. If these sensors will not work for this purpose, is there another option that is affordable? Any guidance in where to get a sensor, or advice for coding for it in matlab would be appreciated!!

Emily G.

If it has to stay within its threshold put one under each leg of the coach.

My app will require me to use two pressure sensors (and an accelerometer) that can detect the presence of a person's body weight on furniture.

I suspect you are confusing what a 'pressure' sensor measures and what it does not measure. I believe you should be looking at 'load cell' or 'strain gage' sensors for your application.

Lefty