Small IDE improvement idea (auto reopen serial mon)

I'd really appreciate the option of having the serial monitor reopen automatically after it closes due to uploading a sketch.

I'd really appreciate the option of having the serial monitor reopen automatically after it closes due to uploading a sketch.

But not enough, apparently, to search to see that this has been requested more than once.

PaulS:

But not enough, apparently, to search to see that this has been requested more than once.

Sorry to have "wasted" your time eliciting a response. Maybe, seeing has how it still has not been implemented, another request might change their mind. I can't think of any good reason, not did I read of any good reason it's not an option. Have a nice evening!

User "eried" has actually developed a tweaked version of the standard IDE that includes this option, as well as addressing a number of other common minor annoyances. Check this thread out (has a download link as well):

forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=118440

(If you like it, don't forget to send him a Pepsi!)

pico:
User "eried" has actually developed a tweaked version of the standard IDE that includes this option, as well as addressing a number of other common minor annoyances. Check this thread out (has a download link as well):

forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=118440

(If you like it, don't forget to send him a Pepsi!)

After a quick read it looks quite interesting, thanks.