RadioShack is listening so shout out arduino if you want!

That's the key, Radio Shack..

Out here on the East coast they have totally removed components and are now nothing more than Verizon outlets, with staff having the requisite knowlege to download Angry Birds and nothing more. Only one Radio Shack in the area stocks components at all, and then of course it's the Radio Shack prices.

None of us have any love for Radio Shack, it's the convenience that used to make them relevant, and now that's pretty much gone too. Sadly, the remaining "display" of real electronic merchandise is in this steel drawer arrangement that is by far the worst use of retail space I've ever seen other than the spot where the clerk was standing at any given moment.

Stock some basic components, heck even charge me twice the going rate for the convenience. When your prices are just plain Gouging (the "They can't get it someplace else" mentality), you are going to lose business. I can now order components direct from Hong Kong and have them delivered the next day to my doorstep, at prices that reveal just how badly RS has been taking advantage of what used to be their bread and butter, the hobbyist community.

The last thing ANYONE needs is another damn cell phone store.