Get a mail for every topic I reply to?

Hi,
isn't it possible to switch on mail-notifications for every topic I reply to?
I'm so used to this feature from other forums I visit, so I regulary forget to check the mail-notification for a topic. Can this be turned on by default somewhere?

Eberhard

Look at the row of icons at the bottom of the page for each post - one of them says "notification".

-j

oops, that row of icons is at the top and bottom of each page.

-j

Hmm,
when I hit the notifications button at the top, I can remove topics from my notification list, not what I want....
I can also register a notification with a board, but then I get a mail for every new topic , also not what I want....

What I'm looking for is : I wrote a new topic or repleyed to an existing one -> I want a mail for that topic without having to check the "Notify of replies:x Check this if you wish to be notified of replies to this topic"-Thingy

I have searched the Help- and profile options for the forum, there doesn't seem to be option where I can configure this feature. Could this be done by the admin for the forum, and if so : does anybody else find this useful?

Eberhard

hi eberhard,
same problem here. it even feels like someone [david :slight_smile: ] changed the default setting within the last months. i think it's obvious that i'd like to be notified if someone responds to a post i did. but somehow it happens more and more that i find replies to topics that i wasn't notified of. did we really always have to check that box for notifications?

[turning on notification now]

kuk

I want a mail for that topic without having to check the "Notify of replies:x Check this if you wish to be notified of replies to this topic"-Thingy

OK, I get it now.

I'd have to say that I wouldn't like a default of "notify on". If we're gonna do an email list, do an email list, but the email messages "go check the forum" seem kinda pointless to me for the most part - sure, if I need help, I want to know the answer ASAP :slight_smile: , but in general it's a pain.

It would be nice if the software handled that as a user-definable preference, though.

I guess I'm just an old phart, but I vastly prefer an email list over a forum. The Arduino is the first forum I've bothered with on a serious basis - it's the first time the information received was worth the trouble.

-j