Go Down

Topic: Communicating with ELMeasure LG+ series Energy Meter using RS485 (Read 493 times) previous topic - next topic

VarunNelakanti

Hey guys,

So I'm trying to communicate with the ELMeasure LG+ 5310 energy meter using RS485 to TTL logic board converter. The only problem is I don't know how to get send or receive any information as I have never worked with RS485 communication.

If anyone could guide me in this, I would really appreciate this.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Juraj

use modbus library and LG register map
You can't write an Arduino sketch if you didn't learn programming. Not the language, but the concepts of programming - algorithms and data types.

VarunNelakanti

Hey,

Thanks @juraj, I have actually found that, but which library do I use? If you could help me, I would be grateful.

Juraj

Sorry, for now I use Modbus TCP. Modbus RTU over RS485 is next on my task list. In December.
You can't write an Arduino sketch if you didn't learn programming. Not the language, but the concepts of programming - algorithms and data types.

VarunNelakanti

Thanks for the help anyway @juraj. If anyone else has worked, please help me. I'm doing this as a bet to show my lecturer that you don't need to be an Engineer in order to work with Arduino  :P , but I'm getting stuck only with the RS 485 communication. Every other part of my code I have written myself. Must say, its very intuitive, and super interesting.

Ashokjay

Hi VarunNelakanti,
Hi juraj,

I am facing same issue LG5310 energy-meter communication through RS485.

you got any solution?
if you got please help me.

your help is most precious to me.
Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Ashok

Go Up