New Hampshire Area?

Hey so I've been here for a few months now and have been wondering, any people up in the New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Vermont area whoa re into arduino. I know there are a few, some of my coworkers and a couple of my friends who I've gotten into electronics with me, but any others?

Tons of us in MA.

Hi Robert!

Anyone else in the area??

...Terry in Topsham, Vermont terry@yourduino.com

Well, there's me, JohnWasser, focalist, Wayne from DSS Circuits, scswift, skyjumper down in RI, there are folks all over the place in NE.

Hey Robert and NE...

Let me know if anyone does some get-together some time.. In the Olde Daze I used to go to Hamfests in NH.

Regards, Terry King
...In The Woods in Vermont, USA
...the one who dies with the most Part LOSES. What do you need?

Will do.
Don't hold your breathe waiting for it tho :fearful:

In the NH area there are bunch of folks interested in arduino. No official regularly meeting exclusively about arduino that I know of, but there are (3-4?) hackerspaces and quite a few folks in the gnhlug (linux user group) interested in arduino.

Hackerspaces
Port City Makerspace (Portsmouth) -http://www.portcitymakerspace.com/
Seacoast Makers (dover)- http://www.seacoastmakers.com/ ( I didn't know about bout this one till I was looking for the portsmouth address seems like they just meet-up)
Tekarts (milford) - http://tekarts.com/
Makeit Labs (Nashua)- http://makeitlabs.com/

Greater NH Linux User Groups- AKA: GNHLUG - WebHome < Www < GNHLUG (if you sign up for the mailing list its low traffic and you'll be able to get a hold of when meetings are)
ManchLUG - Manchester @ The Farm Restaurant normally last Tuesday of the month
DLSLUG (Hanover)- In one of the Dartmouth collage buildings, first Tuesday of the month i think. recently a someone did a talk on the rasberry pi!

If there are enough folks interested I'll consider organizing a monthly meet-up here in Manchester, topic being open source hardware not just arduino

terryking228:
Hey Robert and NE...

Let me know if anyone does some get-together some time.. In the Olde Daze I used to go to Hamfests in NH.

Regards, Terry King
...In The Woods in Vermont, USA
...the one who dies with the most Part LOSES. What do you need?

Terry;
Ever meet up with Wayne Green, I believe his 73 ham magazine was based in NH? Always sounded like a true free spirit sort of guy, but often seemed he just liked stirring up the S##T.

Lefty

I've gotten to be known by the powers that be, doing local volunteer work, and have thought about talking to the appropriate folks to see if there is a meeting space that might be available on a monthly basis, it's just the type of thing they try to encourage. There is a large robotics enthusiast contingent in the area, so I am sure that a halfway reasonable turnout could be expected if held monthly.

Basically the intersection of 495 and the Pike.

Thoughts?

I might be interested if it is close enough to Massachusetts (I live in Ayer, route 2 and I-495). I find the Boston area things too far to drive, particularly after work.

There is something called EROCS that is in Littleton Massachusetts that I noticed when I went to the community theater in the same building. It seems to be a paid setup, where you can use their labs for $80/month and $250 lessons: http://www.4ctestsystems.com/EROCS2.htm.

I certainly don't know much about setting up a user's group per se, but I am thinking that the city's municipal building has function rooms available often. What do you think the turnout for something like that would be? And what would the "agenda" be?

Given that Radio Shack now retails Arduino, and I know several folks who are about to be introduced, it's only going to increase the demand for a user's group, particularly for hands on help from experienced folks to new users and that kind of thing.

I'll think about this over the holidays,keep the thread alive with any thoughts you have on this. Marlborough (where I live) is pretty central to Massachusetts, and is four miles from the intersection of Interstate 495 and 90. Come to think of it, let me ask some old friends from DEC now over at the Mill. There's full unused labs over there.. that's Maynard, a little more off the beaten path, but Intel might just be willing to subsidize this type of thing... Only thing is, that's Intel's plant now, they might get twitchy about our infatuation with our little Atmels!

Hey @Nikarus and @Paul, I am new to Arduino and looking to get more into it. What part of NH are you in Nik? I am very close to the Concord area and would love to meet up if you start hosting events in Manchester. I also wouldn't mind making the drive out to the Portsmouth/Dover area.

-Dan

Sorry dtothill this is a couple of weeks late. Doesn't seem like I was subscribed to the thread for some odd reason

Not sure I've seen enough interest for hosting a meetup. There are already few groups that have a few arduino/rpi/embedded enthusiast in their midst
however, Concentrated interest a local area in more of the issue. More than finding a venue, I already have a couple of places in mind where I have contacts.

Something I didn't mention in the previous post.
Most wednesdays at lunch there is a geek lunch at an eatery somewhere around elm st - Facebook
For instance tomorrow at the farm

If anyone wants to get in touch just pm me here or DM me @inof8or on twitter
I would love to help someone getting started or talk about my open source JesterType project- GitHub - PaulBeaudet/JesterType: Gesture based keying / HID device that using Arduino with boards capable of acting as HID such as the Leonardo, Micro and USB Lillypad. This was my first real programming project it exist on github for reference purposes. See Tenkey for a more up to date iteration of most functionality

I am in Limerick, Maine

Using ESP8266 devices - automating things around the model train hobby, room lighting, outdoor signal, traffic lights etc.

I know its an old thread....