Eggbot - how I start the application

Hi. I want to make my Eggbot with this program (GitHub - fablab-fribourg/EggBot: All you need to make your own EggBot).

I have no problems with installing firmware on Arduino but I don't understand instructions where it says start the application but I don't know how I start? Can someone please explain? Thank you very much.

jubo:
Hi. I want to make my Eggbot with this program (GitHub - fablab-fribourg/EggBot: All you need to make your own EggBot).

I have no problems with installing firmware on Arduino but I don't understand instructions where it says start the application but I don't know how I start? Can someone please explain? Thank you very much.

You don't know how to start a Windows program?
That's frightening.

ieee488:
You don't know how to start a Windows program?
That's frightening.

If you check the link you will see that there is no .exe file or something similar. It's frightening that some users are just spamming this forum without even looking....

jubo:
If you check the link you will see that there is no .exe file or something similar. It's frightening that some users are just spamming this forum without even looking....

If you look further, you get the application when you buy the hardware.

Paul

jubo:

It's frightening that you don't bother reading about the product you want to buy.

It's your project. Not mine.

It's pathetic that you don't even buy the application to "start it". LOL.

ieee488:
It's frightening that you don't bother reading about the product you want to buy.

It's your project. Not mine.

It's pathetic that you don't even buy the application to "start it". LOL.

Lol you still haven't read the link or is it the first time you hear about DIY or open source? It's hard to buy Fablab Fribourg Eggbot Gcode sender...

The question is still how I open this application (Fablab Fribourg Eggbot Gcode sender) or where can I get it. Maybe I have to compile it or something?

This link shows ALL the distributors. You get the hardware and application program from one of them: That means buy, purchase, etc.

https://egg-bot.com/order/

Paul

Paul_KD7HB:
This link shows ALL the distributors. You get the hardware and application program from one of them: That means buy, purchase, etc.

Order | The Original EggBot

Paul

The subject as originally stated is "Eggbot - how I start the application".

If the problem is about buying the application, then that should the subject line.

:confused:

ieee488:
opening an application is not the same as where you can get it
If you don't understand that, then it is pretty pathetic.

Be specific about the EXACT problem.
Otherwise, your doctor will be treating you for an earache instead of a headache!

So these are instructions on the link I have posted:

Steps to print a file

start the application
choose and open the port where the arduino is connected (don't forget to upload the Arduino sketch first)
choose the file you want to print
this is a simple GCode file
you can convert an image with the last version of inkscape (demo)
[Optional] adjust the limits
[Optional] adjust the scale
[Optional] define home
"Print that egg"

It says "start the application" but when I download files from github I cant find this "application" (probably Gcode Sender). So I am asking if something is missing there or it is just me and I don't have known how to open (start) the application. I know how to upload Arduino code and I also know how to use Inkscape.

The ZIP file includes java source code.

You need to contact the author whoever it is and ask him if you have questions.
Not us.
He is the guy who claims to have an "application".

I just tried to compile his source code MainController.java, and I get 100 errors.

He needs to be more forthcoming about whatever it is required to get his "application" running.

Paul_KD7HB:

Order | The Original EggBot

Paul

From what I can tell, the linked Github project by the OP is a poor person's version of the product you linked.

ieee488:
From what I can tell, the linked Github project by the OP is a poor person's version of the product you linked.

That explains a lot!

Paul

Paul,
The link to your website in your profile is broken.

ieee488:
Paul,
The link to your website in your profile is broken.

That's because the Arduino forum people messed with it.

Paul

Edit: There, I shortened the text. I wish they would tell you when they change things, but what do I know.

Paul_KD7HB:

Paul

Edit: There, I shortened the text. I wish they would tell you when they change things, but what do I know.

Nope. It is not the length.
The linked URL is http://forum.arduino.cc/www.jodeco.com
It should be http://www.jodeco.com

ieee488:
Nope. It is not the length.
The linked URL is http://forum.arduino.cc/www.jodeco.com
It should be http://www.jodeco.com

That URL comes directly from the profile field titled : Personal web site.

I took it out and re-entered it in the text of the profile.

Paul

When I hover my mouse over www.jodeco.com in your profile, I see [u]http://forum.arduino.cc/www.jodeco.com[/u].
Therefore, when I click on it, I get File not found.
It is a bad link.

There is a bug in the forum software.

Reported to moderator as follows

Reported by s_iranfar on Today at 12:16:06. They left the following message:

Hi,
at first, you must Download Java SE Runtime
then if you lost ( GCodeSender ) you can download GCodeSender-0.4 from Tags · fablab-fribourg/EggBot · GitHub
" open application with java ( The file may be on the zip by default )"

This topic is now open to allow updates

Paul_KD7HB:

Paul

Nothing changed that I am aware of.