HC-05

I have linked two hc-05 bluetooth modules. They are blinking the same way there supposed to. But when I use the code from this example the bluetooth modules don't respond.

can any one help???

Should not put a question with a link to another web. You can post with the code and describe more detail your problem. That's way will be more useful to get support.

Have you configured the HC05? Slave, master, same baud rate?
Are you using a UNO or MEGA? They are using à MEGA and (bad idea) using only one hardware Serial port... would recommend to separate the 2, one for talking to your PC (Serial) and then one to talk to the HC-05 (Serial1)

I have configured them and I am using a mega and an uno

Explain your exact wiring, source code and if you have USB connected and serial console open on your computer

my wiring is rx to rx, tx to tx, ground to ground, and vcc to 5v on both.
there are my codes for mater and slave. i do have a usb conected and i dont have a com open.

slave_code.ino (691 Bytes)

master_code.ino (691 Bytes)

The Rx to Rx and Tx to Tx thingy is a bad idea as is having the console opened - too many devices jamming your serial com.

Use separate serial ports - hardware ones when you can on the MEGA , Rx goes to Tx and Tx to Rx. On the UNO, use pin 0 and 1 but don't connect to the console or use software serial.

The tutorial you are looking at is not a best practice - might want to loook elsewhere

ok will try, can you direct me to a tutorial on the webs.

I have not tried it but this one look more decent make sure follow very carefully the wiring instructions

the following may also help./
Connecting 2 Arduinos by Bluetooth using a HC-05 and a HC-06: Easy Method Using CMODE
Connecting 2 Arduinos by Bluetooth using a HC-05 and a HC-06: Pair, Bind, and Link

thanks will try all of these an ask if i have any more Q's

Hello, I am a begginer in HC-05, i want to rename my HC-05 and change its password, I try many tutorials in youtube but it doesn't work. I'm thinking do I need to install drivers or what would be your advice?

please help! Thanks!

’m thinking do I need to install drivers
No you don't and there aren't any
You might find the following background notes useful.

or the links to Martyn Currey above.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.