Boston/Somerville/Cambridge Meetup/Co-Working (Weekly!)

If you're like me, then you're constantly looking for people to bounce ideas off of, show your work to, and co-work with. So I've started a co-working/project night on MIT's campus (called 'Your Regularly Scheduled Programming') to facilitate people getting together and working on projects. We meet every Monday night from 7pm-9pm on MIT's campus in Room 4-144 (http://bit.ly/RiqDZn ). We've got a big conference table, a projector (for people working on visual projects or who just want to make it easier to show their work), and blackboards; all we need are PEOPLE. Hopefully, you can provide that last part :slight_smile:

Feel free to contact me for more information about the space (or just post a question and i'll get back ASAP)!

Summary:
Programming Project/Co-Working Space
7:00 - 9:00 PM (Every Monday!)
Room 4-144 on MIT's Campus (http://bit.ly/RiqDZn [bit.ly])
Join the announcement list at: yrsp Info Page [mailman.mit.edu]

A reminder / bump -- this is still going on every week! We usually have 3-5 people showing up, but we're looking to expand our numbers. Come and hang out, work on your projects, showcase your work, or just geek out with fellow arduino / python / processing geeks!

Boston is a bit too far for me:)

but you can "seduce" people by showing links to projects done or a photo of you guys soldering whatever (marketing has its good sides :wink:

Hi, I was wondering if you know of stores in the Cambridge/Boston area where I can find arduino kits and other similar 'projects' or kits. I saw a few things at RadioShack, but am looking for more variety. I just got introduced to arduino, have ordered my first kit, and cannot wait to try it!

Thanks.

You Do It Electronics in Needham, Highland Ave exit off 128/95, is carrying Arduino products now.
Lots of other parts too.

Dear asymptoticdesign,
I live in the Boston area(melrose) and am wondering if your group still meets on mondays?

I would love to come down to a meeting if it still meets.

Thanks for reading.

CrossRoads:
You Do It Electronics in Needham, Highland Ave exit off 128/95, is carrying Arduino products now.
Lots of other parts too.

When I was down there the last few times, they were carrying Osepp clones and Sparkfun kits, but I don't recall seeing official Arduino boards. I could have missed them however.

And it has been growing, in the last few times I've been there, the Arduino clones and accessories section have more shelf space each time (even if it seems to move). It is nice to see stuff in a retail setting.

However, they don't carry the whole range of Sparkfun products yet (I was looking for the Sparkfun RJ-45 breakout board).