Blank LCD display

I guess you didn't realize that this is a conversation about white/blue lcd in OUTDOOR environmenit, not INDOOR environmenit.

No it is not. The original poster did not mention anything about his environment.

This forum really is not about who wins and who looses, it is about helping people get their projects working.

The original poster was concerned that the display on his LCD appeared to be totally blank. I looked at the description of his display and saw that not only did it have three backlight LEDs (with two extra terminals for the two extra LEDs) but that it also appeared to be one of those displays that is difficult to read when the backlight is off.

I had a similar experience when I first encountered one of these types of LCDs. When I first used my backlit 20x4 I too thought it was dead but I had the advantage of knowing that my circuit and code were correct since I had merely replaced one display with the other just as I did in the series of photographs last night.

The original poster asked for help with a display that appeared to be dead and I suspected that the backlight, or more specifically the lack of a backlight, might also be his problem. You might dispute the fact that these displays are virtually impossible to use without the backlight functioning but that has not been my experience with my display.

The original poster has indicated that his backlight is not functioning and I think it would be best to pursue fixing that problem since I don't think that he wants to be restricted to operating his display only in direct sunlight.

Don