Project: arduino + ultrasonic sensor + 5M 5050 rgb led strip lights

Hello!

Relatively new to electronics, as a newbie I am seeking for advises, thank you in advance.

Current project, I would like to test out the combination of RGB LED strip lights controlled by one ultrasonic sensor. I am starting to gather my materials and components, however I am having some trouble to determine which type of resistors I should use for the circuit? Not too familiar with how to find or work out the Forward Current If(mA) and Forward Voltage(Vf).

Brought my LED strip package from ebay; Package Include For 5MT LED Kit: 1x 5050 5MT RGB LED Flex Strip Waterproof IR Controller, 44 Key Remote controller and Power Supply adapter. (website: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141128570046?var=440217128014&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649)

5050 5M RGB SMD LED Strip Light , according to the information from the seller it should be 150pcs of led/5M.

Power Supply Specification:

Input Voltage: 100-240V 1.5A

Output Voltage: 12V DC

Output Current: 0 - 5A

Output Power: 60W

Safety Compliance: CCC/ FCC / CE / UL / GS

Working Temperature: 0°C-40°

Storage Temperature: -20°C-60°C

My next inquiry is has anyone been able to find a arduino project example, for the combination of ultrasonic sensor with RGB LED lights?

I've found some youtube videos however aside from the video there are no excess information I could use as reference...

Many Thank you for the patience you have given!

From what I've seen, the 5050 strip lights have an internal current resistor and you just supply the voltage. Use FET current amp on the arduino outputs to control them. You'll need a 12v power supply as well... you'll never power them from the arduino or usb...