include Engineers and Developers in Arduino description

I guess Im not the only one, Im a real life developer both microcontrollers and PCs and now Android apps, some of them are critical, so I know what Im talking about when I talk about anything related to technology (micros and programming and digital logic 8)).

But im sick and tired that PRO Hacker say that only TI launchpad and PICS are profesional stuff, im my 14 years experience PICs are considered a kids toy, and MSP430 is the hated one :D, im being doing some creative stuff in Arduino, some of them very critical, my proof of concepts are mostly done by my dozen of Arduinos (Duemilanove, Pro Mini 5v, FIO, LilyPad, UNO R3) in Arduino and my old discontinued FEZ Domino.

Im tired of this people saying, oh you are able to make a RGB led, yo can do it with a 555, some capacitors, resistors, you are such a kid....... , bla bla bla, yeah, make it work with DJ music and room occupacy, (Actually I created 20 like this, embedded in a Bar at my town, and make about 6k profit $) (components not included)) 555, sure, my home is partially automated using arduinos, jjajajaja, I heard someone say, its amazing, i show them the board with Pro Mini and he said, "man youre such a pro" imagine his face when I told them that arduino was embedded there, jajajajaja :stuck_out_tongue:

My 8 year nephew is excited about Arduino, he is taking the basis of a excellent engineer, one wich observe, learn, share, THINK, hack, invent, create modify, and mostly, give possitive critics :zipper_mouth_face:, Im very proud of him, ill teach arduino and serious C/C++ to my son too :wink:

Arduino Team, Im a proud Arduino user, thanks for this, now, I can create stuff, not dev boards. :slight_smile:

Well my only comment is that you appear to be overly sensitive of others opinions which when you boil it down most such opinions usually are just subjective in nature. As you seem to be well aware of your own capabilities and skills and the what you can accomplish with AVR chips, you really shouldn't require any kind of validation from users of other platforms or microcontroller chips. A real engineer just uses the devices as tools to accomplish tasks and really has no need to become a 'fanboy' of any specific platform. Engineering is not a sport, it's a process of converting ideas into reality.

Good luck with your nephew, sounds like he will have a great benefit from your mentoring.

Lefty

mxgh2000:
But im sick and tired that PRO Hacker say that only TI launchpad and PICS are profesional stuff,

Isn't the expression going: "for those who only know a hammer the whole world looks like a nail?" Only with a broad mind a (wo)man can learn and keep on learning. It seems you're doing so :D. Keep up the good work.
Have fun with your projects and coaching your family.

retrolefty:
As you seem to be well aware of your own capabilities and skills and the what you can accomplish with AVR chips, you really shouldn't require any kind of validation from users of other platforms or microcontroller chips.

Even though I fully agree I do have/see some practical issues. As an engineer I know there was a time I knew nearly nothing (at birth). I also know there are plenty of domains which are still to be uncovered (so basically I still need to be born in those knowledge domains). So I know; I learned from validation from others and I will learn from validation from others (until I die).
There is however a point when there is little to be learned from others about a certain knowledge domain. At this point we should stop asking validation. It is the time people say to you "As you seem to be well aware of your own capabilities and skills and the what you can accomplish with XXX"

But .... As we are human beings we tend to do the things that were successful in the past to be successful in the present. (according to books 3 times is enough) So we ask validation from others even though there is little they can validate.
Maybe the most frustrating thing is that the "fountain of knowledge" has dried out. It is lonely at the top ...

Best regards
Jantje

Thank both of you for your replies, and thats right, we should requiere validation, but sadly it is necesary, I always say 'if something does the job, use it' either arduino, pic, PLC, whatever, I love to learn as much as possible and share that knowledge (when possible).

The last week, the company that i work for (AAM), authorized a project for a custom made access control based on Ethernet Arduino R3, there will be 4 entrances entirely automated and controlled by these tiny mighty buddies. No details about it enterprise secret (4N35 to read inputs, some MOSFET 1RF540 and high power relays, a tiny webpage to configure it, SD card to hold the log and a RTC to keep track of the time 8))

Best regards.

Sorry for the delay, I was pretty busy at work